Where would you be?

Where would you be found at a metal gig?

• In the pit, I might miss actually seeing part of the show, but fuck, I lived it!

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Near the pit, as close as possible without having to push and shove

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • A safe distance away so I can watch and enjoy the show

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I think I caught part of the show when I moved away from the bar while I was drinking my beer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Getting too old to go in the mosh pit nowdays. I still love the energy you get from a show, but I prefer to stay a little distant away and watch everyone else get stepped on :)

option two, the same reasons as ThraxSA, though I still think I´m not that old.
But as far as I can remember there are exceptions (S.O.D. in Prague six years ago-straight in the fucking pit, Anthrax in Munich three years ago-straight in the fucking pit)

Number 2. But a good mosh in the pit is fun. I remember walking by Life of Agonys show at a festival, saw the pit during "Through and through" and decided some moshing was a great way to end the evening!

Usually I'm the one pressed up like a sardine to the front rail. I got to see Judas Priest during their Jugulator tour at some hole-in-the-wall in Milwaukee, and bought one of their t-shirts before the show. By the end of the show, there was printing missing off the front where the railing came up to hit my WisconStomach.

That show fükk'n ruled.

I was pressed up like a sardine to the front rail during Fear Factory show on Digimortal tour. I didn´t really want to but I got drawn by the crowd and that was it.

Option one or two, depending on the show, who I'm with, if I've been drinking or doing something else. And the energy projected by the band itself.

Sgt-D said:
Usually I'm the one pressed up like a sardine to the front rail. I got to see Judas Priest during their Jugulator tour at some hole-in-the-wall in Milwaukee, and bought one of their t-shirts before the show. By the end of the show, there was printing missing off the front where the railing came up to hit my WisconStomach.

That show fükk'n ruled.
yeah up front on the rail or the stage if there is no rail. is that considered "in the pit"? becuase i'm not there for the pit i'm there to be right there at the stage.
-Jono-

number 2 defo...last time i saw Thrax at the Astoria, I was there with a first timer who had never been to a gig b4 so the pit was outta the question.....still had a good time.....though my knees were bruised, my ribs were bruised to hell.....right next to the speakers....ears got bruised......but it ruled ass.....looking on it now....im too old for the pit.....would prolly last about 30 seconds best.....so for the Dublin gig (I GOT MY TICKETS....WOHOOO) guess I will be back on the rails again.....will have to deal with the pain later...kewl

i'm claustrophobic and i've flipped out before when i've been tight in a crowd. i flipped out at a club one night when the club was over capacity. i barrelled through the crowd, and bowled over a friend of mine that was a bouncer. knocked him right on his ass. i didn't even see him. he found me outside a couple minutes later and told me that no one hadn't hit him that hard since we used to take karate together a few years back. i laughed and bought him a beer.

I started out at #1 when I was like 15 or so then moved on to #2 and now I'm usually at #3

Agree, now that I am pushing 30 I tend to enjoy the show more, and besides I would feel kinda odd shoving and hitting teenagers

I voted in the pit. The first pit i was ever in was for anti-flag. I was fucked up and dehydrated after i got out i couldn't enjoy the Casualties set which was right after it.