Where's Paul???

Lionfrost said:
Jazeker! But it's probably not very well known in this here forum so that's as far as I'll take it. ;) (For the record, I didn't say anything rude. It simply means "sure". :saint:)

In that case,hallo Holland hier...:wave:
And I know you didn't mean anything rude,that's ok :)

@Jasonic:I'M BAACCKKK! I GOT THE CARNIVORE PICTURE :D !!! Are you in for a suprise..guess?:Smug:

Angeleyes Part II said:
In that case,hallo Holland hier...:wave:
Had ik begrepen, ja. :)

BTW I was translating for the non-Dutch speakers. I've got a feeling there may be a few in here.

Hey, maybe we'll get a chance to meet up in Helmond (what's in a name... it kind of sort of means "Hellmouth", y'all). My wife and me are considering driving up there for the first show of the tour as well. Are you dropping by Vosselaar?

Angeleyes Part II said:
I GOT THE CARNIVORE PICTURE :D !!! Are you in for a suprise..guess?
I was just watching some video streaming of Wacken. Now, if there's one song I didn't expect Carnivore to play, not to mention the intro to the song, it must be "Jesus Hitler". Seems a bit weird to be playing that in Germany, regardless of the message you're trying to bring across with it...
Pete seems to be aging somewhat as well, I might add. :loco: But he is indeed the only man I know who makes a bass guitar look small. Haha!

Lionfrost said:
I was just watching some video streaming of Wacken. Now, if there's one song I didn't expect Carnivore to play, not to mention the intro to the song, it must be "Jesus Hitler". Seems a bit weird to be playing that in Germany, regardless of the message you're trying to bring across with it...
Pete seems to be aging somewhat as well, I might add. :loco: But he is indeed the only man I know who makes a bass guitar look small. Haha!

To be honest,it was my first introduction with Carnivore,only cause somewhere on this forum the guys were talking about them,so I got curious and thought I should check it out while I had the chance,I didn't know any song of Carnivore...but I can say with all my heart..I was totally blown away by that gig,it was AMAZIINNGG!!!!
The next day I rushed to the Metalmarket and bought their album "Carnivore" the original one,their other album wasn't available unfortunately,but I sure as hell will buy that one too
It was absolutly one of the best gigs I've seen on Wacken..the other ones for me personal were Atheist,ABSOLUTLELY BRILLIANT!! Emperor,Great show,pitty the sound wasn't all that good in the beginning,but after they fixed it,it was awsome,and Orphaned Land was simply beautiful to listen to..
I will post a few pics I made in the Wacken Thread :)
Oh and yes Pete Steele is a giant unbelievable his arms and his neck and well everything is just Big,big,big...o_O And he looks very,very grumpy..
Sorry for the ramble..

Yeah I watched the streaming vid of Carnivore at Wacken the other day. I thought they sounded pretty good actually. I've been a fan since '88 or thereabouts, never got to see 'em live. I was laughing at the fact that they played "Jesus Hitler, Adolf Christ" but that's Pete's sense of humor for you. Most people seem to be most fond of the debut album, but I really like their second, "Retaliation", alot.

I'd also have really liked to see Atheist and Orphaned Land. Someday maybe we'll finally do a show with OL. I think that could be cool.

Did Nevermore have Chris on second guitar there? I thought they were doing the European fests with just Jeff on guitar?

Jasonic said:
Angeleyes,
I saw your pics in the other thread. Good pics!!!
Sorry someone grabbed your behind during Nevermore..
Are you sure it wasn't Peter Steele? :)

Thanks,glad you liked them..
Well don't worry,that dude was gone right after I showed him some of my Italian temper..:heh:
Well if it was Peter,I might have reacted less explosive,he just has that I dunno..hard to explain...

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Yeah I watched the streaming vid of Carnivore at Wacken the other day. I thought they sounded pretty good actually. I've been a fan since '88 or thereabouts, never got to see 'em live. I was laughing at the fact that they played "Jesus Hitler, Adolf Christ" but that's Pete's sense of humor for you. Most people seem to be most fond of the debut album, but I really like their second, "Retaliation", alot.

I'd also have really liked to see Atheist and Orphaned Land. Someday maybe we'll finally do a show with OL. I think that could be cool.

Did Nevermore have Chris on second guitar there? I thought they were doing the European fests with just Jeff on guitar?

I remember your a fan of Carnivore along with a few of the others on this forum Larry,and well..I was just to nosy and had to find out for myself about that band,and as I said before,for me it was definately one of the highlights on Wacken '06..
And I love their first album..simply because I don't have the other,I love songs like Predator..Carnivore..Male Supremacy..Thermonuclear Warrior and God Is Dead (one of my fav songs already) I find it strange however theirs nothing in the booklet and the pic on the cd cover is weird,I almost say cheap..

Oh I'm a huge Atheist fan,Man what these guys do with their guitars is just magic for me,just incredibble,they played all my fav songs from my fav albums "Unquestionable Presence" and "Piece of Time" I don't have their last album "Elements" yet,I've heard it has more Jazzy influences,I like that very much..
Orphaned Land makes beautiful music imo,I just love how they bring their own culture elements into their wonderful music...I mean were their metal influences makes ya headbang,their arabic influences makes you wanna move ya hips..strange but true..:)

About Nevermore I have no Idea,Chris was there alright,and to be honest it was my first introduction with that band too,so I don't know much about them,To bad the sound again wasn't all that good either when they played,at times you couldn't hear the vocals quite good,but I liked what I've heard from them,also bought my first album "Dreaming Neon Black" I haven't heard it yet tho,I'm still singing along with Carnivore...Crush..Kill..Destroy...:headbang:

Nevermore are a great band, though in my opinion are extremely over-rated. I know this statement will probably not go over well with many, but as I said, it is just my opinion. I think there are tons of American metal bands who are equally good and less recognized (Though they probably have not benefited from Century Media's promotion).

Jasonic said:
Nevermore are a great band, though in my opinion are extremely over-rated. I know this statement will probably not go over well with many, but as I said, it is just my opinion. I think there are tons of American metal bands who are equally good and less recognized (Though they probably have not benefited from Century Media's promotion).

BLASHPHEMY!!

BalanceofPower said:
BLASHPHEMY!!

Sorry dude....
Just my opinion......
I would take Jag Panzer over Nevermore any day of the week.
As I said, I do like and appreciate Nevermore. Don't get me wrong.
I just think they are extremely over-rated.

It's funny because I always felt they were sort of underrated and not really appreciated as much as they ought to be. Plus, while some bands might not get the exposure or promotion that Nevermore gets, I still feel like they could do with a much stronger push in terms of real media support and stuff. I like bands like Jag Panzer and I think they have amazing technical ability to boot. But Nevermore has a very distinct sound and style to them, which I think can be acknowledged by anyone regardless of whether you like or dislike their music personally. They're a strong live act as well.

But really, the whole "overrated" and "underrated" thing is subjective anyhow. Something rates highly with one person or group of people, and yet it rates poorly (or not at all) with another. Luckily its a big enough world that each side can coexist and manage to please both minds.

But hey, look at Nevermore having Jeff AND Chris in the lineup, sorta the best of both worlds combined eh? Enough shredding guitar mastery to make your eyeballs bleed LOL Put 'em on tour with Dragonforce and I think it could be enough to bring on an anyeurism.

Straying back to Carnivore, I just have "Retaliation" myself. Always loved the music but the lyrics sometimes put me off somewhat. Even considering the fact that Steele used to say "Shit comes in all colours - red, black, yellow and white." Then again "Race War" has an amazing riff and I can even grin about the lyrics from a sarcastic point of view but it's kind of risky to sing it out loud anywhere in an unguarded moment.

"Jack Daniel's and Pizza" doesn't pose that problem but then again... :puke:

:loco:

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
But really, the whole "overrated" and "underrated" thing is subjective anyhow. Something rates highly with one person or group of people, and yet it rates poorly (or not at all) with another.

Oh absolutely!
As I said before, I like Nevermore and consider myself a casual fan of the band (IE - Seen them live, own about 4 of their discs, but not a fanboy).

Nevermore does indeed deserve any success they have enjoyed. They work hard and have toured a lot, etc.

There are just so many American metal bands (including ND!) that in my opinion are criminally under-rated.

I just don't agree that Nevermore are the "be all end all" of current American underground metal that some people claim.

Jasonic said:
Sorry dude....
Just my opinion......
I would take Jag Panzer over Nevermore any day of the week.
As I said, I do like and appreciate Nevermore. Don't get me wrong.
I just think they are extremely over-rated.

I'm just busting your chops man it's cool. I think Chris Broderick is an amazing guitar player, but the stuff I've heard from Jag Panzer(which isn't alot) I didn't really care for. I saw them open up for Iced Earth and In Flames and Chirs Broderick stage dived after their set and noone caught him and he fell on his face. That must have hurt real bad. Anyway what are some good JP albums I should check out?

BalanceofPower said:
I'm just busting your chops man it's cool. I think Chris Broderick is an amazing guitar player, but the stuff I've heard from Jag Panzer(which isn't alot) I didn't really care for. I saw them open up for Iced Earth and In Flames and Chirs Broderick stage dived after their set and noone caught him and he fell on his face. That must have hurt real bad. Anyway what are some good JP albums I should check out?

Yeah, I was at that gig.

Check out MEchanized Warfare or Thane to the Throne...

No worries. I knew my opinions on Nevermore would not go over well.
Most people do consider them "THE" premiere US metal band.

average stalker said:
i'm not trying to be a smartass, but could you name a few? i'm always looking for good bands and i'm curious.

Here's a couple off the top of my head.

Symphony X
Gracepoint
Zero Hour
Katagory V
Power of Omens
Aghora
Magnitude 9
Ion Vein
Twelfth Gate
Eden's Fall
Trivium

Let me add:
Seven Witches (though hard to keep track with all the line-up changes)
Cellador (new Helloween-ish power metal)

I definitely 2nd the nods for Symphony X and Ion Vein.