Which album should I get, Killing Ground or Metalhead?

Epica said:
I know I've made a similar topic before, but now I know it's a toss up between these two. Which one of these would you recommend the most, 'cause I'm too cheap to buy them both (at once)! :p
If my online shop had Dogs of War, I wouldn't have asked you, because then I would definitely have gotten that one, because of the pure excellence of the title track.

Keep in mind that this will be my first Saxon purchase (don't ask what took me so long, I don't know, honestly)! :)

unquote Epica

Well... I think they are all three splendid. For me personally I ask myself in those cases: Which CD do I play the most last . 2 years? ..and then the answer is Killing ground and Unleash The Beast. Unleash the Beast is to me a very underestimated CD it should have been given more attention in the music-magazines, nice good- feeling -guitar-work at its top! Metalhead is also good, but on my CD-player I always skip track 8 and 9 Piss off and Watching you. And for al those 3 CD-s I give the tekst-writer Biff lots of compliments. If he wouldn't have become a singer I think he could have been a very good writer or actor in some theater, I mean I just understand that Biff has a lot of life-knowledge. Splendid texts. Literature with lot of facts of life.Let me put it in this way: Biff lives in his texts'', things he writes occur in my own life too. In case there will be a chatsession somewhere in time with members, I would certainly know what the inner 'meaning'of the text in the song Prisoner is. Does anybody know that meaning? Or is it just for anybody to give his own meaning to it? And is that the strong point of the text? "The text Empty promises lies so close to me and what happened last year, I threw my girlfriend out, after signals and lots of chances I gave her. She was just perfume and Lace!!!! (Fantastic frase Biff!!)That's what I mean, that song gave me afterwards a lot of energy! But to make a long story short; Listen to the 3 albums and decide for yourself, because music taste is so personal

Bye bye

heavycelli said:
unquote Epica

Well... I think they are all three splendid. For me personally I ask myself in those cases: Which CD do I play the most last . 2 years? ..and then the answer is Killing ground and Unleash The Beast. Unleash the Beast is to me a very underestimated CD it should have been given more attention in the music-magazines, nice good- feeling -guitar-work at its top! Metalhead is also good, but on my CD-player I always skip track 8 and 9 Piss off and Watching you. And for al those 3 CD-s I give the tekst-writer Biff lots of compliments. If he wouldn't have become a singer I think he could have been a very good writer or actor in some theater, I mean I just understand that Biff has a lot of life-knowledge. Splendid texts. Literature with lot of facts of life.Let me put it in this way: Biff lives in his texts'', things he writes occur in my own life too. In case there will be a chatsession somewhere in time with members, I would certainly know what the inner 'meaning'of the text in the song Prisoner is. Does anybody know that meaning? Or is it just for anybody to give his own meaning to it? And is that the strong point of the text? "The text Empty promises lies so close to me and what happened last year, I threw my girlfriend out, after signals and lots of chances I gave her. She was just perfume and Lace!!!! (Fantastic frase Biff!!)That's what I mean, that song gave me afterwards a lot of energy! But to make a long story short; Listen to the 3 albums and decide for yourself, because music taste is so personal

Bye bye
You put it very good heavycelli, and yes the lyrics Saxon writes -it isn't only Biff right?- are always recognizable in life, and Iron Maiden's too. Iron Maiden are among the few bands I know (included Saxon) that writes good and thinkable lyrics. It can tell stories (IM: Run to the Hills and the superb song Hallowed be thy Name, just splendid lyrics, etc, SAXON: 747, Thin Red Line, Great White Buffalo etc), it can be almost like poems (not getting an example right now..), stories based off of movies (Man on the Edge), love, which is the biggest category, at least for Saxon (do I even need to show examples?).

Crusader said:
You put it very good heavycelli, and yes the lyrics Saxon writes -it isn't only Biff right?- are always recognizable in life, and Iron Maiden's too. Iron Maiden are among the few bands I know (included Saxon) that writes good and thinkable lyrics. It can tell stories (IM: Run to the Hills and the superb song Hallowed be thy Name, just splendid lyrics, etc, SAXON: 747, Thin Red Line, Great White Buffalo etc), it can be almost like poems (not getting an example right now..), stories based off of movies (Man on the Edge), love, which is the biggest category, at least for Saxon (do I even need to show examples?).
As a matter of fact, that's a thing I don't like about Saxon, the lyrical themes are sometimes a bit too varied for my taste.
I mean, I don't like hearing a track with the name "Crusader" and then hear a track with the name "A Little Bit of What You Fancy" or "Bad Boys Like to Rock 'n' Roll.

Epica said:
As a matter of fact, that's a thing I don't like about Saxon, the lyrical themes are sometimes a bit too varied for my taste.
I mean, I don't like hearing a track with the name "Crusader" and then hear a track with the name "A Little Bit of What You Fancy" or "Bad Boys Like to Rock 'n' Roll.
Yeah, or Sea of Life, and then Reperbahn Stomp!