Which bands/band members have you spoken to?

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Throughout the years I have been to a number of metal events, and in some cases I've been lucky enough to talk with/party with some of these bands and their members.

I spoke to My Dying Bride and Aaron in particular before and after a concert during the "Like Gods of the Sun" tour.

I spoke and partied with Edge of Sanity on a concert during their "Cryptic" tour.

I spoke with Lee Dorian of Cathedral.

I've been backstage with Mayhem but I was so drunk I couldn't really speak too much.

I''m going to a Sensa Anima concert this very evening, and the band is invited to a party after the concert at my place!!!!!!!!!! That'll be cool.

Katatonia but i was too excited (because i had been waiting for them for 6 years)
I especially talked with Daniel (He is too cute :p ) and gave him a gift a "raki" (a kind of turkish drink) hmm it must be drinked with water! But i don't know how did he drink it?

But next year i will go to Dynamo Fest.Hmm probably i will make new friends there

I've met Bruce and Nicko from Iron Maiden, and spoken to Janick on the phone... oh, and Blaze Bayley too (albeit briefly).

Nobody else tho :(

I was at a Sensa Anima concert this weekend, and that was pretty funny...though I'm still having a hangover, and its monday!!

After the concert, we went back to my place where we partied hard all night, the vocalist joined us for a period but the rest of the band didn't. Pretty cool concert and party, but I think a lot of people were a little dissapointed by the sparsity of black metal vocals.

I wonder what the band thought of us, we were like 30 people all dressed up in black, with corpsepaint and everything as our party was metal-themed...:loco:

Had a great chat to Trey from Morbid Angel in Bradford UK, about his quake3 clan, got a cool photo too! Also spoke to Eric Rutan about Alas and also got a signed drum stick of Pete "Commando" Sandoval - i was like the proverbial kid in a candy store!!

Nobody of note really (some garage bands), besides the drummer of To/Die/For (fagotty goth metal/rock), who's a complete asshole (something I knew before meeting him). I was in a concert and was pushed at him, making him spill his beer on himself, which made the git go berzerk. The little weasel almost came to fists with me, and I regret I didn't floor him then and there.

Originally posted by Ormir
Nobody of note really (some garage bands), besides the drummer of To/Die/For (fagotty goth metal/rock), who's a complete asshole (something I knew before meeting him). I was in a concert and was pushed at him, making him spill his beer on himself, which made the git go berzerk. The little weasel almost came to fists with me, and I regret I didn't floor him then and there.

:lol: Ooooh, are u sure you could win in a fight ;)

I had the advantage of high ground:D
He was something like 2 heads shorter than me, and I'm only 181cm (a bit over 6 feet).

Nile, Soilent Green, EyeHateGod,Zao.....when my old band played with those bands in no paticular order.
i walked around quit a bit with Vinny from Anathema at the Milwalkee Metal Fest 2 years ago and had a couple beers.
hung out back stage with Martin from Opeth in Atlanta, GA.
i know it doesn't have anything to do with music but i thought i'd share, i went to a Neil Gaiman reading, Question and Answer, signing.....that was really cool.
Jay

I have worked in the music industry for some years now in one form or another, and am lucky enough to have met, partied and spoke with a lot of bands...

The most memorable being, Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, Metallica, Slipknot and Gong!

I have met many pop artists too, including being told to "Piss Off" by Madonna!!

Oh and for the record, the most arrogant tosser I have ever met and talked to was Blackie Lawless!! and the person I really didn't like was James Hetfield.