Which bands have you seen live?

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
It's quiet round here at the moment, so this seems like a suitable thread. Which bands have you seen play live?

International acts:

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
AC/DC
Deep Purple
Twisted Sister
Metallica
Megadeth
Tool
Rollins Band
Kiss
Anthrax
Ozzy Osbourne
Pantera
Opeth
Nevermore
Cathedral
Paradise Lost
Strapping Young Lad
Entombed
Voivod
Soilwork
The Haunted
Destruction
Motley Crue
Motorhead
Guns N Roses
Brides of Destruction
Edguy
silverchair
Doro
ZZ Top
Pink Floyd
Dire Straits
U2
Rolling Stones
Bon Jovi
John Cougar Mellencamp
Billy Joel
Split Enz
INXS
Garbage
Foo Fighters
Beastie Boys
Soundgarden
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Rage Against the Machine
Faith No More
Body Count
Live
Marilyn Manson
Patti Smith
Argument Soul
Suns Owl
Nine Inch Nails
The Flaming Lips
Slayer
Sepultura
Alice Cooper
Evanescence
Fear Factory
The Tea Party - Blitzy reminded me, as if I needed reminding. Der.

more to come as I remember...

I am going through my ticket stubs, so I might as well mention everyone, not just metal.

Silverchair (my first gig!)
Metallica '98
Slayer '98
Sepultura '99
The Offspring '99
The Living End '99
AC/DC '01
Pantera '01
Creed '02
Metallica '04
Edguy '04
The Tea Party '04

At the Big Day Out 2005

System Of A Down
Slipknot
The Music (was pissed to miss most of their set)
The Donna's

System Of A Down '05
Megadeth with Dungeon '05

At Graspop Metal Meeting 2005

Alter Bridge
Grave Digger
Papa Roach
Within Temptation
Megadeth
System Of A Down
Nevermore
Soilwork
Kamelot (missed the first half of the set, and man I am pissed about it!)
Amon Amarth
Samael
Accept
Slayer
Anthrax
Dragonforce
Axel Rudi Pell
Yngwie Malmsteen
Dio
Dark Tranquility
Dream Theater
Iron Maiden

Queens Of The Stone Age '05
Fozzy '05
Tommy Emmanuel '05 (included him because he blew me away)
Foo Fighters '05
H.I.M. with The Eternal '06

Also heaps of Aussie bands here and there, such as Dungeon at least 6 times (including once in Belgium in a crowd of about 15 people!), Vanishing Point, Mortification, Damaged, The Shine, Enter Twilight, Anarion, Temtris (who were fantastic, I would love to see them again), etc, and non metal Aussie bands like Powderfinger, The John Butler Trio, Grinspoon, etc.

To make this more interesting, I will try pick a top 5. Too hard to put them in an order, so top 5 in no particular order!

Anthrax - amazing energy, unmatched by anyone else I have seen, and I am not even a huge fan.
The Tea Party - Brilliant band, awesome set with great covers and simply a great sound. Awesome musos.
Megadeth - FAR better at Graspop (much unlike System Of A Down and Slipknot), best energy I have experienced from a gig, until Anthrax the next night.
Within Temptation - Impressive live show, HUGE sound, played a good setlist with lots from their latest and best album. Great spectacle. Can't wait to get the DVD from that tour, and to see them on the next one.
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden, enough said. I would have prefered to see them on a normal tour and not on the Early Days tour, but I still really enjoyed the set.

Others that would have been awesome under better circumstances (such as at night and not day, longer set, etc)

Soilwork - great, but not appropriate for 11am in the daylight!
Grave Digger - set was WAY too short, especially after seeing their 2 and a half hour DVD, but festival rules are festival rules.
Kamelot - had I seen the whole set I would have enjoyed them heaps!
Dream Theater - playing stuff from a brand new album that no one had heard was a disadvantage. It had been out only one or two weeks.
Dio - shitty setlist, made for major disappointment. You aren't given much time at a festival, don't waste it with wanky guitar and drum solos that sound lame wedged between sets from Malmsteen and Dream Theater!! Still great, but not awesome like it should have been.

Some of my favourite gig moments:

Amon Amarth's stage presence. Brutal. The syncronized windmills during Pursuit Of Vikings looked so cool, and finishing with Death In Fire was MAGIC!
Kamelot closing with March Of Mephisto. The crowd chanting along to the march with fists in the air was so metal, I loved it.
Iron Maiden's Revelations was amazing, really like being inside the Live After Death album.
Metallica coming on stage to The Ecstasy Of Gold just as it started raining, what an atmosphere! I always get chills and reminded of it when I hear that music now.
Accept's Princess Of The Dawn, a song I really love, which they played for the encore with Balls To The Wall. Both songs got a huge singalong that sounded huge!
Crowd surfing during Megadeth's In My Darkest Hour, which is one of my favourite songs. I couldn't resist, and I stayed up there for ages. It was so metal.
Alter Bridge did a fantastic cover of Deep Purple's Highway Star. I hope they tour here sometime, I would love to see them again.
The Tea Party covering Kashmir and Paint It Black in the middle of Sister Awake which they played last in the set. Brilliant.

I guess that will do, this post is huge! It is late and I am bored...

Excellent stuff! I'll try to do a post like Blitzy's later, though mine probably won't be quite as long. :)

As far as bands that I've actually gone to see

Iron Maiden
Slayer
Metallica
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Biohazard (because they were supporting Slayer)
Dungeon
Paul McCartney
Elvis Costello
That Jesus Christ Superstar thing with John Farnham
Tommy Emmanuel

That's about, really.

Alright, I won't include the support acts because I can't remember all of them. Might attempt it later, but for now it's the main acts, in sorta chronological order. My apologies to everyone for not being metal enough for them. If I've seen a band more than once, then I've listed them the required number of times.

Poison
Def Leppard
U2
Kiss
Steve Vai
Faith No More
U2
Ozzy Osbourne
Metallica
Van Halen
Deep Purple
AC/DC
Kiss
Robbie Williams
Dungeon
Bruce Springsteen
Powderfinger
Cold Chisel
Metallica
David Bowie
Kiss
Sarah McLachlan
Tom Jones & John Farnham
Sarah McLachlan
Delta Goodrem
Motley Crue & Motorhead

Pretty sure that's the lot.

I mentioned Motorhead with Motley Crue because I was there to see them just as much as Motley Crue.

I can't remember all the Bands I have seen, but some are the usual suspects like

Slayer, Metallica, Fear Factory who I have seen about 4 bloody times now, Anthrax with JB ahh hmmmmm, damn having a fucked memory

Motley Crue
Motorhead
Unholy Grave
The Mars Volta
Electric Six
The Von Bondies
cryogenic
Earth
Fuck I'm Dead
The Day Everything Became Nothing
Blood Duster
Destruction
Psycroptic
Damaged
Astriaal
Destroyer 666
The Eternal
The Living End
The Presets
Franz Ferdinad
Iggy Pop and the Stooges
Electric Wizard
Pod People
Alchemist
The mighty few
brisk
Whitehorse
Isis
Abramelin
Omnium Gatherum
Misery
Volatile
Decoder Ring
Dungeon
Hilltop Hoods
The Herd
Koolism
Wolfmother
The frass
Kings of leon
plus 1000000 other australian metal bands, that probably Brian has only seen more of.

You guys have seen lots of bands live

I've only seen 3,
Motley Crue, Motorhead and Opeth.

If only I had enough money to go somewhere in Europe, then i'd see all the good bands.

Kiss
Destruction
Pantera
Slayer
Children of Bodom
Soilwork
Anthrax
Dungeon
Motley Crue
Motorhead
Fear Factory
Opeth
Angra
The Haunted
Doro
Joe Satriani
Nile
Machine Head
Dismember
and theres probably more i've forgotten and i've left out local bands cause i've seen thousands of 'em.

KISS (x7)
Edguy (x4)
Bruce Kulick (x3)
Motley Crue (x2)
Jeff Scott Soto (x2)
Megadeth (x2)
Alice Cooper
Judas Priest
Brides Of Destruction
Wednesday 13
Eric Singer
Doro
Metallica
Faith No More
Motorhead
...that's the only overseas bands I could think of then. Plus about a million Aussie bands.

Seeing Eric Singer & Bruce Kulick again next Wednesday night too as ESP...

Angels (at CCAE when it was CCAE)
Icehouse (Man of Colours)
Fleetwood Mac

Seen lots of local(ish) bands at pubs and clubs.

Even saw the only two or three concerts of "Meataxe"...I even have a hand crafted shirt.