which combo should i get?

nunofrg

Dec 23, 2009
hey im thinking on buying a new amp. this amp should be cool to play at home and in gigs naturally without breaking it (playing tube amp in a room not very loud everyday may be bad for it) so i supose a modeling combo would be good. so i thought on the peavey vypyr and line6 spider iv 150w but i dont know

can u guys give me ideas of other cool amps that could work better in ur opinion? thanks!;)

Wrong forum.

dude wtf. why everytime i come here i receive and see others receiving nothing but hate? this forum speaks about guitars and equipment all the time like 80% besides of children of bodom.. whats wrong with you?

All of you are R Tards. I'm assuming you want a combo amp that will help you get a good COB sound. First of all, a line 6 150w digital amp is a huge waste of money. That's about $500 for a compressed sound and you'll never in your life need all that volume. Furthermore, if you decide to play with a drummer you'll have a hard time cutting into the mix with a digital amp. The Peavey Vypyr is sort of a gimmic amp. It comes with a lot of effects and stuff like that but you're gonna miss out on some tone. And that's a $650 dollar amp. I have two suggestions for a combo amp for you.

Peavey 6505+ 112 combo (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Combo-Guitar-Amp?sku=582106)
This thing is all tube, and it's a balls to the walls metal amp. It has all the gain you'll ever need, and you'll get more of their current tone out of that amp. It's 60w, but since it's tube it's actually louder than the 150w line 6 digital.

Bugera 6262 212 combo (http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Bug...-Channel-All-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier.html)
This amp is essentially the same thing by a different company. From what I've heard it has more low end, and it could potentially sound thicker due to their being two speakers in the cab.

These amps don't have all of the presets and effects of the amps you originally posted, but you can land on a much much better tone with one of those. Just make sure you boost your base and mids if you want to get an Alexi type tone.

All of you are R Tards. I'm assuming you want a combo amp that will help you get a good COB sound. First of all, a line 6 150w digital amp is a huge waste of money. That's about $500 for a compressed sound and you'll never in your life need all that volume. Furthermore, if you decide to play with a drummer you'll have a hard time cutting into the mix with a digital amp. The Peavey Vypyr is sort of a gimmic amp. It comes with a lot of effects and stuff like that but you're gonna miss out on some tone. And that's a $650 dollar amp. I have two suggestions for a combo amp for you.

Peavey 6505+ 112 combo (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Combo-Guitar-Amp?sku=582106)
This thing is all tube, and it's a balls to the walls metal amp. It has all the gain you'll ever need, and you'll get more of their current tone out of that amp. It's 60w, but since it's tube it's actually louder than the 150w line 6 digital.

Bugera 6262 212 combo (http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Bug...-Channel-All-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier.html)
This amp is essentially the same thing by a different company. From what I've heard it has more low end, and it could potentially sound thicker due to their being two speakers in the cab.

These amps don't have all of the presets and effects of the amps you originally posted, but you can land on a much much better tone with one of those. Just make sure you boost your base and mids if you want to get an Alexi type tone.

first of all thanks for being helpful when im surrounded by emo shit people not giving a fuck and respect about nothing and nobody. guys like u make this forum still worth visiting

i thought on those 2 amps too. specially on the peavey 6505 combo but i want to play with it at home besides gigs, and i live in an apartment. playing it with sound very low would be bad for it knowing thats a tube amp? what i heard is that i risk to break it with time and not getting the best tone by not playing loud enough. the line6 doesnt have that problem by being a modeling amp.. at least was what i heard/read. the effects are not my kind of thing really, i dont use any of it (only my zakk wylde pedal sometimes).

The Zinger Burger + 5 piece combo sounds good.

You should also consider the Peavey Classic 30/112.
It's also all tube and sounds killer. I've tried it myself.
Not sure if it has enough overdrive or gain for metal, but it sounds sweet for classic rock.
I can't say anything for the 6505+112 since I haven't tried it myself.

The Zinger Burger + 5 piece combo sounds good.

You should also consider the Peavey Classic 30/112.
It's also all tube and sounds killer. I've tried it myself.
Not sure if it has enough overdrive or gain for metal, but it sounds sweet for classic rock.
I can't say anything for the 6505+112 since I haven't tried it myself.

hm ok im gonna check those for sure thanks!

first of all thanks for being helpful when im surrounded by emo shit people not giving a fuck and respect about nothing and nobody. guys like u make this forum still worth visiting

haha... that made my day

You really don't have much sense of humour? :lol:

But anyway, I'd also go with stuff posted by SteveMcSteve, although I'm not a big fan of combos.

If you are going to play at low volumes you can use a 100 watt combo or head, but it just won't sound as good at low volumes.

But there is something...not sure what its called exactly..attenuator maybe....that allows you to play at low volumes but the amp is still being pushed so you still get the full tone of the amp.

My buddy uses one with his Tri-axis when he plays at home and with it low it has just as much gain and clarity as it does cranked. Kind strange seeing a full stack cranking out good tones at low volume...I just didn't think it was possible

If you are going to play at low volumes you can use a 100 watt combo or head, but it just won't sound as good at low volumes.

But there is something...not sure what its called exactly..attenuator maybe....that allows you to play at low volumes but the amp is still being pushed so you still get the full tone of the amp.

My buddy uses one with his Tri-axis when he plays at home and with it low it has just as much gain and clarity as it does cranked. Kind strange seeing a full stack cranking out good tones at low volume...I just didn't think it was possible

wow didnt know that...that should be for sure useful! i´ll search that out thanks!