• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

mili9152

Dec 14, 2010
Oakland
Maybe no one has replied because I didn't provide enough information. One of the two has a Countryman Type 85 direct box in the signal chain and the other is going straight into an interface's Hi-z input.

I've read opinions from both sides, but wanted to test with the equipment I have. My ears aren't well trained so hopefully you guys can let me know if the Countryman Type 85 is doing anything.

A it´s Countryman Type 85, it has more clarity, still not a great difference. Dont know if worth spending 200 euros.

god damn it .. such things are making me unsured ... i dont even hear a difference oO (i listend with headphone , ATH-M50) [maybe A has bit more presence but nothing that i would hear if i wouldnt know those are two different samples^^]

Call me crazy but from my iphone speakers (sorry don't have anyrhing else atm) I do hear a difference, B has more headroom and harmonic content so i think it's the Countryman.

All DIs have low-pass and high-pass filtering, check your settings, it`s not good.
It can happened during mixdown if you accidentally forgot turn off such filters in DAW (convolution also).

Thanks for the responses, guys. I sent the files to my mix/master engineer and decided to record guitars with the Countryman and bass without. If you want to know which is which:

A is with Countryman, B is without!