Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

John_C

formerly Skeksis268
Dec 30, 2008
Coventry, UK
www.myspace.com
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/910836/CYTTD.rar

There are two 16 second clips of part of the meshuggah song stengah. A/B them and tell me which you think sounds better. You can speculate on the difference but i won't reveal it until i've got a good number of votes in.

EDIT: this is not in any way a trick question. They are different.

EDIT2: Now that it's become clear that people really can't tell the difference properly: stengah 2 is the original, stengah was taken down to 8 bit

I prefer the Stengah 1 sample. It sounds a touch louder, and it sounds like it has a bit more bass, maybe a tiny bit more mids. Whats the real difference?

keep coming people, the results from this could be very interesting. In particular I'm looking for some people with nice monitors/rooms/converters to really listen hard

I cant tell the difference :mad: and i have nice monitors!! :mad:

B00000JDGD.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif

EDIT: I think stengah has a clearer kick drum (?)

When you phase invert one of them and sum the two tracks they pretty much cancel each other out. I don't have a proper listening environment here, but my guess is that they're the same identical tracks, sounds that way here anyway.

No, they can't be, since there's a little bit of audio left when you inverse one track. But the difference is tiiiny. I won't be back in our control room until Monday, I can't hear any difference listening through my stereo.

I listened really really intently, and alternated pretty quickly between the two, and I feel like the second feels ever ever (EVER) so slightly flatter dynamic-wise, and possibly a touch less detailed; or it could be completely in my head, but regardless, I'd say if 1 is 100%, 2 is like 95% (and that's being conservative).

i liked #2 better.

#1 the guitars just sounded a db louder or something. #2 they were flatter and less overbearing.

What, you want more people to come in and say they can't hear anything either? :lol:

WHAT! how dare you question my thinking, you pathetic noob newcomer with your pathetic postcount

oh, wait a sec........... :lol:

edit: what I'm looking for is to get a significant enough body of responses so as to avoid statistical anomalies to some extent.

the only thing im noticing is the kick in #2 has more low end

....and Marcus, what the hellllll mannnn?

I demand that Lasse merge his 2 names together and force the 20k