Which is your favourite Opeth Cover album??

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
(Though after hearing BWP, I may think that the music is tending to follow the Covers......)

What is this, Opeth bashing!:mad: I've got my eye on you.:lol:

Hey now, it's not bashing!!! It's called "realizing that the greatest band in the world is slowly treading the path of that known as less greatness".

Though my expextations for the new album(s) if they follow through are goddamn high!!! I am not expecting dissapointment, despite the facts that may tell otherwise. Just a strange inborn desire to have faith in them.

Originally posted by terrymx
look at my icon on the right
...that's the left.

Travis Smith is a god. Some of his work truly amazes and inspires me, but his work for Opeth hasn't been my favourite of his stuff. Both covers are cool, but...

Morningrise is my favourite by far. It inspired me to take up photography. (Does anybody have any idea how many times I've said this?)

Oh, and the lady (presumably Melinda?) on the cover of Still Life looks like Giovanni Arnolfini's bride, from the famous "Portrait of Giovanni Arnolfini and his Wife" by Jan van Eyck (1434). Well, they don't look alike, per se, but the way they both hold up their dresses is similar (an art history tip o' the hat there by Mr. Smith? Hmmm...)

(for reference): http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/eyck/arnolfini/arnolfini.jpg

I think the serene, bleak cover of MY ARMS,YOUR HEARSE is best...it's the cover that means Opeth to me...it has that dark quality which is Opeth...or something like that.

Morningrise, Still Life and Blackwater Park. I can't distinguish a favourite among these three.

Blackwater Park is, in my objective opinion, the best cover ever. The most cohesive album, where even the cover is important.

D Mullholand
------------------------
NP: Miles Davis - My Funny Valentine

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
Hey now, it's not bashing!!! It's called "realizing that the greatest band in the world is slowly treading the path of that known as less greatness".

Though my expextations for the new album(s) if they follow through are goddamn high!!! I am not expecting dissapointment, despite the facts that may tell otherwise. Just a strange inborn desire to have faith in them.

:OMG:
no from what i'm reading your saying that over time opeth is only going to get worse. . . well you haven't really been listening to there albums because each one is better in it's own way.
Ochid awsome with the harmonys and all but still young they tend to overplay some riffs
morningrise one of the best hard hitting albums ever toned down on the over playing of riffs and improved drastically
MAYH this is the abslute best hard hitting album with forshodowing in it and a verycharicteristc attiude to it
Still Life they moved to a more moving dark insparational filling but had no chance of beeing better that MAYH but it is a sweet album
blackwater park still with the moving isparational music but better than still life it is one of my favorite one's possibly right behind mornigrise, or MAYH I can't decide because I love EVERY:HOTJUMP: OPETH ALBUM THAT EVER CAME OUT!!!!:HOTJUMP:

ohh my favorite album cover would either be blackwater park or morningrise
well i hope i informed some opeth listeners and i hope you enjoyed my message please fill free to resond.