Which Kataklysm album should I get?

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
Dunno if this goes here, but...
I picked up In The Arms Of Devastation, and I love it. Not life changing, but incredibly solid death/thrash/whatever. Great vocals and grooves. I want to get some more of their stuff. What should I get?

Indeed, I agree with Ozzman; the best bet with Kataklysm is to start new and work back. You will be less disappointed with their mediocrity that way, until you make your way back to their first album and EP and realize that they ruled once. Heh.

Indeed, I agree with Ozzman; the best bet with Kataklysm is to start new and work back. You will be less disappointed with their mediocrity that way, until you make your way back to their first album and EP and realize that they ruled once. Heh.

Well, I need to follow my own advice. The only Kataklysm albums I have are In The Arms.. and Serenity in Fire but I like them and plan on delving deeper into their back catalog eventually.

Shadows and Dust and Epic for sure. After that I kinda lost interest. Not saying the newer stuff is bad, I just kinda "grew apart" from Kataklysm :p

In the Arms of Devestation and Serenity and Fire

the song Serenity and FIre is one of my favorite metal tunes.