Which Devin album should I get?

instead of awnser what all the ppl did (because they are very right) ill just put a little note on this by saying that heavy as a real heavy thing is very heavy also (dosent the name says it)
and that the production of the guitar is more agresive and presice. altough there is pretty much only 2 songs that are really fast. buy city and download S.Y.L and in the rainy season from
the 1st strapping album. if you want those 2 songs on a CD
buy the SYL live album.

Be wary of getting Physicist first. Devy swung from SYL to Ocean Machine then exploded on Infinity. Physicist was pretty much his picking up some of the mess. So, it's not exactly the best work in his catalog.
For what you want, "City" would be best. Ignore the "it's SYL not Dev" comment. At the time of composition, that was the same thing. The only thing on there Devin didn't write was "Room 429" and that was a cover. It's different now since Jed, By, and Gene all have input on the upcoming SYL disc but it was 98%+ Dev back when "City" was recorded.In fact... I think Gene got writing credit on Physicist so it's technically less of a Devin CD. :p

... also check out "Heavy as a really heavy thing" ... yes.. City may be a bit better ... but you cannot pass on Heavy... SYL is still one of my all time favorite Strapping songs. and In the rainy season is a must have..

But there's also some filler on "Heavy..." as well as some less than refined material. If you like "City" THEN look into "Heavy...". It was the first Dev solo album I really got into but that has something to do with it being the only one available at the time

Punky is not a good idea in light of the original request. Nor is getting the entire catalog. You gotta break the new converts in gradually.