other projects devin produced?

SnidelyW

Jul 7, 2003
hey all -

i was wondering some of your thoughts on projects that devin has produced -

i looked at hevydevy.com and the list is quite extensive - all i really had time to check out was december, which seemed pretty cool - i am probably going to get that -

personally, i am aware of:

1) soilwork - nbc
2) lamb of god - palaces
3) stuck mojo - pigwalk (or rising, i cant remember which, not a big fan)

if anyone has any thoughts on some of his production work that i should check into, id be glad to entertain it -

later

Alex78 said:
I know Soilwork's NBC. it's terrible (music-wise)!

Natural born chaos is an awesome record, also you should check the stuck mojo stuff, you will see how Dev influenced the band on some vocal lines and on the guitar parts

hm, I can't stand Soilwork's clean vocals and the choruses really suck. I didn't even know Stuck Mojo still exist...might check that out ;)

stuck mojo doesnt exist anymore to my knowledge - most of them are now "fozzy" with kurt cobain or chris jericho or whatever his name is -

natural born chaos is a phenomenal album - theres barely a blemish on it (song for damned = BORING) other than that, it is musical perfection from start to finish -

anyone have any thoughts on "december"?

There are a couple of demo tracks on Stuck Mojo's demos/rarities collection Violate This that also feature Dev, covers of Wrathchild and Shout At The Devil.

Quite a big difference between Pigwalk and their Andy Sneap produced stuff.

SnidelyW said:

December is a really good "noisy tech-metalcore" band. Breakdowns with lots of groove, an awesome screech/roar from the vocalist........IMO, it's like Dillenger Escape Plan if they payed more attention to writing catchy and cohesive songs, and less time trying to be so complex.

old soilwork was much better , too bad it wasent Devy doing guest vocals on a steelbath suicide song as well as producing it.

SnidelyW said:
Could barely stand to listen to a whole song on that album. :-\ Didn't like it at all...

Can't say NBC floated my boat much either, as great as the production was.

Vital Remains reckon that Dev should produce one of their albums... I don't see why not. If he doesn't mind a bit of brutal anti-Christian death metal, that is. :p

mike00516 said:
December is a really good "noisy tech-metalcore" band. Breakdowns with lots of groove, an awesome screech/roar from the vocalist........IMO, it's like Dillenger Escape Plan if they payed more attention to writing catchy and cohesive songs, and less time trying to be so complex.
the wouldn't be Dillinger then would they, they be ever other metalcore band ever.