Your first Devin album

King Size

Mars Bar
Jun 13, 2005
England
Shit, I feel like there's nobody here. :erk:

Well, should anyone decide to visit these parts in the next 30 days, please tell the world which was your first Devin CD...assuming you ever bought one that is. :Smug:

My first was actually Strapping Young Lad, the chicken feather album back in '03. I didn't care for it much at first, but one-by-one I bought all his albums & now I fucking love it. It really is a monsterous record.

Mine was "City"...And love it since the first time, I remember watching the "Detox" video on Headbangers Ball and then the next day after school I ran to the music store to get the album and going to a friends house to smoke a joint listening to it...

...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The good old days:rolleyes:

My first Devin album wasn't actually a Devin Townsend album, it was Steve Vai's "Sex & Religion" album... way before I even knew who Devin was. I loved that album, but then didn't hear of Devin Townsend again until SYL's "City". I picked up the City album because of the word-of-mouth about the band, at first not realizing it was the same vocalist, and then I made the connection... like, hey, wasn't this the guy who sang on the Steve Vai album? And I freakin' loved it, so I picked up "Ocean Machine: Biomech" out of curiosity, and that hooked me for good. I've been a dedicated fan ever since!

Really, thinking about albums like OM, Infinity and Terria makes me realize how bad his latest albums really are. Listening to Addicted makes me :cry: