Which Mac should I get?

I've been thinking of getting another computer purely for tracking and mixing, and after a lot of considering, I've decided to get myself a Macintosh for that. I need to record at least 8 tracks simultaneously and run some pretty processor-heavy plugins (impulses etc.). A used PowerMac G4, 1,25GHz SP or 1,0GHz DP, is something I've been considering, but I'd like your opinions on this since I'm a lot more familiar with PC hardware.

My current setup has an old Duron 1,8GHz processor, and I'm looking for anything in the Apple product range that can kick it's ass. I've been told that even the SP 1,25GHz G4 is better than the Duron (I'm not surprised, though), but I was wondering if putting two or three hundred bucks more to get a G5 or a faster G4 would be wise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the opinions! A MDD or a SP G5 seems to be the way to go for me. A dual 2.0GHz is unfortunately way out of my budget, since they cost about 2-3 times the price of a MDD where I live. I'm looking for something below a thousand euros (+ the memory and hard drive upgrades, but I can get 'em pretty cheap), and a MDD costs usually around 500-700 euros here.

Thanks for the opinions! A MDD or a SP G5 seems to be the way to go for me. A dual 2.0GHz is unfortunately way out of my budget, since they cost about 2-3 times the price of a MDD where I live. I'm looking for something below a thousand euros (+ the memory and hard drive upgrades, but I can get 'em pretty cheap), and a MDD costs usually around 500-700 euros here.

You can get Dual Core G5's over here used for about a grand all day long.