Which media player do you use?

Winamp.
winamp2.jpg

My skin. Not my EQ settings, I have it set flat. These are my computers speakers, flat obviously sounds best.

OK. Please try to use the Queue feature in a large playlist (press Q while having a song selected, repeat until satisfied) and then please tell me if it still works

Also why does it need 20 seconds to add my 30 Gb mp3 directory when XMMS needs 5? I have more things to complain about but I can't recall at the moment. At least it's better than that absolute piece of utter fucking garbage foobar2000.

That'd be true if only XMMS wasn't a piss-poor rip-off of Winamp 2.x :confused:

What the shit is the Queue feature supposed to do? I just tried it about 60 times in a playlist with 600 items in and it just stuck numbers next to the entries, is that what's supposed to happen :confused:

You and your Linux elitist faggotry Erik :rolleyes:

Erik said:
Actually Ifurin you're an idiot :) XMMS was a piss-poor rip-off of Winamp 2.x in the X11Amp days, but then the XMMS developers realized that all the Winamp developers were doing was adding useless fucking bloat that noone ever used (BEHOLD THE WONDER THAT IS WINAMP 3! OH WAIT THAT SUCKED SO BAD THAT IT'S ABSOLUTELY UNUSUSABLE OH WELL BEHOLD WINAMP 5 WHICH IS REALLY WINAMP 2.5 WITH EXTRA BLOATWARE AND SOME NON-FUNCTIONING FEATURES) so they have kind of went in other directions lately, so what we have now is a FUCKING WELL-DONE WinAmp clone, which works faster and better than the original in just about every way while retaining the interface, which admittedly isn't piss-poor.

The queue feature is very handy. Suppose you (like me) have a playlist of several thousand songs and the random feature on, but you decide you want to listen to a whole album in sequence, and after that continue with the random playback. You select the album, press Q and it queues those songs in sequence. Works in XMMS. Winamp has the feature, but in 5.x it DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. I don't know what's wrong, but it just doesn't work. It gets really fucking slow and plays the same song 93284 times over. Might be fixed in super new versions though

I just tried it and it works fine in Winamp 5, and I was just joking about the crappy rip-off of Winamp 2 :confused:

I don't think I'd ever actually use the queue feature, though, since I just queue up individual albums from the media library (which rules).

What features in Winamp 5 do you consider bloat, btw :confused:

A good studio EQs the music so that it sounds best it possibly can when people listen to it on CD players, computers, etc.

You cant be serious when you say it is "shit sounding." They mastered it the way they wanted it to sound.

Hence the usage of a flat EQ.

I use Winamp. Classic skin (the grey one with green writing and "LED"s).

Also, fuck changing the EQ. Flat EQ forever.

Melodeath said:
A good studio EQs the music so that it sounds best it possibly can when people listen to it on CD players, computers, etc.

You cant be serious when you say it is "shit sounding." They mastered it the way they wanted it to sound.

Hence the usage of a flat EQ.
Not all speakers are alike, not all headphones are alike, not all sources are alike nor are all earings alike...
I don't want the music to sound got for them, I want it to sound good for me, so the EQ has become a necessity.

Ifurin said:
I keep the EQ flat because I want to listen to music how it was intended to be heard.
Yes, this is what I was saying.
andrew_plamondon said:
Not all speakers are alike, not all headphones are alike, not all sources are alike nor are all earings alike...
I don't want the music to sound got for them, I want it to sound good for me, so the EQ has become a necessity.
Well, if you are aware of any major frequency shortcommings with your speakers, go ahead, EQ away. I myself use studio monitors which have a pretty flat frequency response.

I use MediaMonkey.

I used to use WinAmp like everyone else, but IMO this programs just so much better! Looks a lot like Windows Explorer but you can switch between different views of everything at once -- by album, artist, ranking, genre, title, etc. I even added on nationality tags to my MP3's so that I could sort by country.

Its very plain looking but that has never really bothered me any. I'm not really interested in seeing the player floating on the desktop since I usually just play through an album at a time with the player minimized.

I used MediaMonkey for a few weeks, but it was realy terrible.

The problem with the automaticaly downloaded cover-art in WMP is that it creates a clusterfuck of hidden files behind your back that are nearly impossible to get rid of.