Which one is better, Morgana Lefay or just plain Lefay?

Psycho

New Metal Member
So, the subject must be quite clear... part of the process of me "blending in" I'm asking opinions about Morgana Lefay versus Lefay. Now which is better? Of course the band didn't release many albums under the name Lefay, but still very good ones. Still I think Morgana's songs had a bit more power in them, probably due to the heavier sounds especially on the albums The Secret Doctrine and Maleficium, which are my favourite Morgana albums. I have heard the whole album S.O.S. and some songs from The Seventh Seal (Symphony doesn't count as a Lefay album), and when I compare the material to the earlier works, I'd say Morgana Lefay worked better as a band musically and it had more power.

Hm, I wouldn't say Morgana Lefay vs. Lefay......for me it's still the same band.
A band changes its sound from time to time...that's probably all. That's fine with me as long as I like the new stuff ;)
In this case, I apparently like it but I feel Lefay sound more aggressive than ML....

Still, if I had to choose one record I'd go for "Maleficium" which is (as we all know) by Morgana Lefay. I also treasure "The secret doctrine" a lot because that one got me into ML back then.
(by the way: someone here who has also been to that famous ML gig in Köln during the Popkomm 1994?)

So, what do we get out of this? ML are better? :D

Well yeah, you're probably right :D After all, if Rytkönen decided to go and sing with um... Metallica :D, I would likely consider that band as some-form-of Lefay :) Of course this was a kind of a hilarious example, but brings out that Charles' voice is a true trademark.

The mirror stares into my soul....

Lefay - Morgana Lefay - whatever - the music rocks, the lyrics are amazing!!!

btw, trapped: "Malice on Wonderland"? Reminds me of one great album by Raventhrone :)

Long live Lefay! Good thing they're back...

The band name is adopted from Morgan Le Fay, Queen of Avalon, who is actually King Arthur's half sister. I guess you heard about all that...?
I'm sure Silkie or Morgana can tell you more about that.

Not Morgan... Morgana please, she was a high priestess of Avalon... the Celts use to have priestesses and druids (that incl. bards), the highest druid was called Merlin, no matter what name he had before...

I recommend to read the Avalon trilogy of Marion Zimmer Bradley, her books are fantasic written.