Which one is the best Moonspell album??

Dieblo

The L O N G E S T member
Aug 16, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
How you doing guys I'm new to this forum, and I just wanted to ask which Moonspell album is the best to get into. I like prog/power the best (Symphony X are my gods) but i like all kinds of metal overall. so which one do you think is gonna fit my taste??? Thank you in advance.

BTW I'm going to be attending to Fort Lauderdale FL, is the first time i'm going to see opeth live, and I can't fucking wait!!!

From a Portuguese :eek:Moonspell - thy best for mi : Sin(pecado)
ok if you remove the ''The Butterfly Effect'' I think that all albuns are good :)

off topic:::....

I don't like very much of moonspell but they have their nice Tunes!!! :OMG:

on topic::::...
The new album it's very good, very easy listing :)

Carpe_TenebrvmONPtnet said:
From a Portuguese :eek:Moonspell - thy best for mi : Sin(pecado)
ok if you remove the ''The Butterfly Effect'' I think that all albuns are good :)

off topic:::....

I don't like very much of moonspell but they have their nice Tunes!!! :OMG:

on topic::::...
The new album it's very good, very easy listing :)

So do you like them?? o_O

Actually, I'm listening to "The Antidote" right now.
Just put it in for the first time and it's pretty good.
Darkness & Hope might be a good first choice though.

Wolfheart by far but Irreligious is also very good. So far, The Butterfly Effect and Darkness/Hope are the two that don't get much attention from me.

Dieblo said:
How you doing guys I'm new to this forum, and I just wanted to ask which Moonspell album is the best to get into. I like prog/power the best (Symphony X are my gods) but i like all kinds of metal overall. so which one do you think is gonna fit my taste??? Thank you in advance.

BTW I'm going to be attending to Fort Lauderdale FL, is the first time i'm going to see opeth live, and I can't fucking wait!!!

:Spin: It's always nice to see a fellow floridian on the board!:Spin:

Irreligious is their best accomplishment and they will never top that one. That little album is actually on my top five list of albums of all time. It truly is the soundtrack to darkness. As far as all their albums go, here they are according to my ranking:

1. Irreligious
2. Wolfheart
3. The Antidote
4. Under The Moonspell
5. Darkness & Hope
6. Sin/Pecado
7. The Butterfly Effect

Why do so many people in here dislike "The butterfly FX"?
I came across Moonspell listening to "Sin(pecado)" at a friends' when it was released and immediatly fell in love with their gloomy but chilling sounds.
In my humble opinion, "The butterfly FX" is one of the most honorable albums this band recorded.

Dieblo: I think "Irreligious" and the new album "The antidote" are both great options to get to know this band and their music. Have a try on these, there is a lot of depth to experience in there.

Wolfheart and Irreligious are by far the best moonspell releases. Their newest album is quite cool, but it's still far from perfection (In which I seldomly define perfection based on Wolfheart and Irreligious).

Butterfly fx simply sucks, however it has been said it was simply an experimental release. An analogy of this album with other bad albums would be St. Anger of metallica. Obviously, some do like it and some don't, it's the nature of our own taste and to some extent lack of personality (mostly shown in posers, obviously).

morningstar said:
Butterfly fx simply sucks, however it has been said it was simply an experimental release. An analogy of this album with other bad albums would be St. Anger of metallica. Obviously, some do like it and some don't, it's the nature of our own taste and to some extent lack of personality (mostly shown in posers, obviously).

I rather listen to Butterfly Fx 100 times over instead of St. Anger :Smug:

Agreed my fellow PLophile :) And while I do think that Butterfly FX is Moonspell's worst album, that is not to say that is a bad album. It still finds time in my CD player, although not nearly as much as their other albums. I mean, come on! When a band creates a flawless album of genius, sincerity, and sheer conviction like Irreligious, the guage which to judge by becomes substantially raised. I think that I would call Butterfly FX Moonspell's Souls Of Black, if that makes any sense :)

ucsbdude said:
So do you like them?? o_O

Some songs, lol, not the overall of the band, for example I don't like very much of their new ones, darkness and hope & antidote, but still I recognize that the albuns are very nice build!!!

ok, writing whitout bullshit's lol...

Moonspell - anno satanni (demo)
under the moonspell
and
(sin)pecado
Not in order

Moonspell is kinda complicated.
Depends on your mood:

More traditional death/doom metal?
Wolfheart and Irreligious.

Heavy and different ?
The Butterfly Effect (which i believe is awesome in its own style)

The last two albuns are also great, but some kinda melodic doom metal (if this exists!)
Better try Darkness and Hope if you'll dig into this.