Which operating system

Thanks, gotta try it out sometime.:) Would there be any compatibility issues, though?:Smug:

Depends entirely on your hardware. if its got an intel processer then thats most of the battle won. if your mobo and graphics card are compatible then it's all good.

the guys who have major problems are those with componants from some nameless obsure manufacurer.

Win 7 is free in RC stage, just download it, try it for a wee bit and if you hate it, go XP!

I'm doing this with a new build. I've avoided Vista so it's weird that I'm going to jump to 7 before it's even officially released. Also going to try 64 bit for the first time. Even if I like it, we'll all have to reformat and do a clean install when the official release is out.

The guys here have a weird way of influencing decisions. o_O

True, though WMP still doesn't have all the necessary codecs to match VLC. You still need WinRAR and iTunes, not to mention third party anti spyware and anti virus apps. It's definitely still Windows :). It's just more streamlined and modern than XP. I suppose that was the best we could have hoped for.

Having said that, has anybody else noticed compromised image quality with VLC running under W7? Videos look blocky as hell for me.

7zip > winrar.

Mac OSX 10.5.6. I like it. No crashes, no viruses, protools and logic works well.