Which rare or never played songs would you like to hear SX play live?

Which of these rare or never-before-played songs would you like to hear SX play live?

• A Fool's Paradise

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • A Winter's Dream (Parts I & II)

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Absence of Light

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Candlelight Fantasia (in full)

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Dressed to Kill

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Frontiers

• In the Dragon's Den

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Incantations of the Apprentice

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Lady of the Snow

• Masquerade

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Orion - the Hunter

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Pharaoh

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • The Damnation Game

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • The Divine Wings of Tragedy

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • The Edge of Forever

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • The Eyes of Medusa

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • The Relic

• The Turning

• The Witching Hour

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Through the Looking Glass

Votes: 22 28.9%

• Total voters
symphonyXjapan said:
My second pick is not only not on the list, but nobody else has mentioned it, which is quite strange actually. The song I am talking about is Church of the Machine, that song is just amazing!

I left Church of the Machine off the list because it's a song they've played recently. They played it on their 2003 US mini-tour, and they also played it in Chicago (1st night) on the recent Queensryche tour. But yes, I agree - it's an amazing song.

symphonyXjapan said:
BTW Technetium, not trying to be a prick or anything, but I am pretty sure that the chorus at the beginning of DWOT is not gregorian chanting. Gregorian chanting is more gothic sounding, really hard to describe (more of a "chanting" and not singing). However, I don't know the exact term to describe the chorus at the beginning.......?
Yeah, you're right, but I don't know what else to call it, either. The way they overlap the vocals like that is not unlike a Gregorian chant, which is why I made the comparison.

Whatever it is, let's just agree that it rules and it would rule even more if they did it live with DWoT. :)

Technetium said:
Whatever it is, let's just agree that it rules and it would rule even more if they did it live with DWoT. :)

I wish they would! However, considering it was all Russell on the album, it would be next to impossible to pull off live.

Are you guys insane? Divine Wings of Tragedy wie alle Hoele! That song is second only to the Odyssey in honor. I know that it is not practical to have this played live, but I would pay the full ticket price just to hear The Odyssey, DWOT and Through the Looking Glass. I also voted for Absence of Light, A Fool's Paradise and Throught the Looking Glass.

I wanna hear 'A Fool's Paradise.' I bought V last week and I was blown away by every song, but 'A Fool's Paradise' pumps me up the most with the wicked intro/outro riff.

I would also want to hear 'The Edge Of Forever,' and 'In The Dragon's Den'

TotenMitMacht said:
Are you guys insane? Divine Wings of Tragedy wie alle Hoele! That song is second only to the Odyssey in honor. I know that it is not practical to have this played live, but I would pay the full ticket price just to hear The Odyssey, DWOT and Through the Looking Glass. I also voted for Absence of Light, A Fool's Paradise and Throught the Looking Glass.
I, my wife, our son, and his friend were so fortunate to have seen the band at a small niteclub in New Jersey 9/9/01. They included Looking Glass in this show and ended with DWOT. Russ said it was only the 3rd time they ever played it live and it was flawless. I think this was the last time they performed these songs. The show was incredible and we never saw a band who would give out so much for just a few people on the floor. They earned our utmost respect that night. These guys appreciate and care about their fans.

OMG!!! I would of LOVED to have seen that show.

But I totally agree w/you about how they care for thier fans.. I have seen it at every show that I have been too. And if you get the chance to meet any of them, they are just sooo kind..

SpiritCrusherX said:
Am I the only person that's in love with "The Turning?" That's my favorite song on The Odyssey.

I also voted for "The Eyes Of Medusa" and "In The Dragon's Den."

I was just gonna say that! The Turning is probably my favorite "short" Symphony X song. It doesn't get enough credit for that kickass riff, verse, and solo section. I also chose Edge of Forever and a Fool's Paradise, because those songs would give me a really big boner if I saw them live.

I'm very surprised about A Fool's Paradise being rated so high. I thought it was a joke at first when I saw it had the most votes. That song to me is comparable to the more cheesy skip button worthy tunes like Witching Hour and Out of the Ashes.

i would never skip witching hour or out of the ashes! i know a lot of people aren't huge fans of the witching hour, but i like it.