Which song best demonstrates Mikael's singing ability

The Evil Toucan said:
Singing? As far as range, that bit in the Apostle in Triumph about 8:41 on is as high as I've heard him sing. Timbre? A Fair Judgement or Weakness.

I think Defarfalla sings the higher part actually, he did it live. (and failed miserably haha)

I third (or fourth or whatever) the vote for anything off of Still Life! The power and variety of Mike's vocals (especially growled, but clean too) on this album is fucking outstanding. Right from the first growls in The Moor, my jaw was on the floor. And it never came back up \m/

For his actuall singing voice I liked Harvest,
For his groweling I thought Demon of the fall
But he did well in the Deliverance song for both in my Opinion

Hail Opeth, Hehehehe :worship:

Evil Ernie said:
Serenity Painted Death because of the variety of the growls (which he demonstrate in other songs as well)

The worst would be Maiden's Remember Tomorrow, boy he sucks when he tries to reach high pitch.

I agree w/ spd, it really rules and creates a awesome atmosphare! Especially, around 'each and everyone will die at my hand' ...

But i dont know if you know the original from iron maiden, but this "sky scream" around 1 minute 50 seconds is really the best scream cover from paul diano! Sounds nearly as awesome as the original!
:headbang: