which song by OL....

Dead_Lioness

Godless
May 31, 2002
Arlington, Virginia
Visit site
Question:
if you would have to choose one song by Orphaned Land that is the most briliant one, which sont would that be?
or shall i put it in other words....
if someone doesnt know OL and you would have to play only one song to him, which song would that be???

I guess I will recomend to several songs that will show some diffrent aspects of our creation, for example I will recomend The beloved's Cry which is a ballad, Sahara's storm or Of Temptation Born which are typical songs of us and Mercy by PL which is a cover we did.

First of all I would like to say on behalf of my special and wonderfull crue that I would recommend "Mabool" and all the songs in it as our best work untill today, but you wouldn't know that now wouldn't you?
;)

But if we talk former material here, there is a kind of an agreement between the band members that the song "Of Temptation Born" (no. 13 on El Norra Alila) is, let's say, our best representetive song. I personally like the song "Whisper My Name When You Dream" (No. 10 on El Norra Alila), but I really think asking a question like that is something like asking a father which of his children he loves most.

Oh, man, I forgot about the songs you mentioned ( DON'T LEND CD'S TO PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT CLOSE FRIENDS! ), I didn't get El Nora Alila back :( I have only the cover

I find that Mercy is the best cover I have ever heard. The original song is nice and the cover is breath-taking.

its not so rare to find a good band who`s one of its best songs is actually a cover, i always thought that Sepultura`s "the hunt" was an original, but i found out that it`s 80`s english punk band called New Model Army. they are good. i got thier album on mp3 if you wanna listen

Of Temptation Born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW century media chose that song for a sampler("Darkness We Feel") they gave away free in the purchase of any century media album in the period of 99-98 (Not sure bout the date)
Along with other huge and great bands.(Samael,Moonspell,Lacuna Coil,Rotting Christ....)

That Parardise Lost - Mercy cover OL did is the best cover I've ever heard and It's such a muse for me, every time I listen to it I've got something to write about and these feels are rare to me these days... :(

Originally posted by Ko_B
I guess I will recomend to several songs that will show some diffrent aspects of our creation, for example I will recomend The beloved's Cry which is a ballad, Sahara's storm or Of Temptation Born which are typical songs of us and Mercy by PL which is a cover we did.

On the PL cover you did, who's idea was it to use Gothic's lyrics with the music, and chorus from Mercy?

Hey Paul,

It was my idea to use it, it was due to the fact that Mercy is from the newer stull of PL and we also dig the old stuff, we also thought it would be intresting, I suggested it to the members and they liked the idea.

By the way, the web-site of Novembers Doom is great!! also the artworks, I will search for your stuff here.

Kobi.