Which songs Katatonia should cover?

Brave Yester Days

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Québec, Canada
I was lsitening to the Cure and I just though Katatonia should cover Prayers for rain form Desintegration Album. I think Katatonia is the good metal band to cover The Cure :) Anyways, I'm a big The Cure fan so that's why hehe

affinityband said:
Yea radiohead would be good, Maybe streetspirit or creep orr even paranoid anrdroid. Now that is a fucking impressive song.
I wasn't sure which song at first, but I think "Street Spirit" is a great suggestion.

AngelinaBlakkheim said:
I'd like a cover of some Depeche Mode song.
Then Stinkfist, Forty Six & 2, Undertow and Lateralus are some of the Tool songs I think would be great to cover.
I agree -- a DM cover would be interesting and likely very good. And I wonder what Katatonia would do with a Tool song.

Yeah a depeche Mode song would be very interesting! Maybe also The Sisters Of mercy would fit hehe I thought Katatonia could do an album of cover or whatever...They covered Nightmare by the sea from Jeff Buckely they could as weel cover Johnny Cash...I know it's country music but thsi guy is amazing and it's not compred to all the country you see at tv which is not my taste loll 16 horsepower is another good one...

Red House Painters would be it I think.....if they were to do a cover of course......
I would like to hear them do,
Red Carpet
Strawberry Hill
Im Sorry
A good short one would be "Summer Dress"
Medicine Bottle

Jesus....RHP is probably the closest in feel to Katatonia I can think of......to me at least that is how it seems.....Kozelek is complete genius....

Dire Straits 'Brothers In Arms'
Phil Collins 'In The Air Tonight'
Mike Oldfield 'Tubular Bells' or 'Sentinel'
Primordial 'The Soul Must Sleep'
Iron Maiden 'Revelation' or 'Hallowed Be Thy Name'
Anathema 'Mine Is Yours To Drown'

Deliverance6 said:
Jesus....RHP is probably the closest in feel to Katatonia I can think of......to me at least that is how it seems.....Kozelek is complete genius....

Amen.
A kata version of New Jersey or Uncle Joe... that'd be the bomb

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead
The Cure - The Last Day of Summer

Or maybe some Fields of the Nephilim or Sisters of Mercy track.