Which songs Katatonia should cover?

i strongly believe that a cover of an old Paradise Lost song (from the "Shades Of God", "Gothic" or even "Lost Paradise" albums) would sound great with a "modern" metal sound. may be Katatonia can do it?

it will no doubt sound wonderful.

What? Katatonia should cover the music to Nintendo's Castlevania video game? I hope they do Simon's Quest then. Or are you just making some obscure black metal reference that I wouldn't know about? Well then, I think Katatonia should do some Vampire State Building covers.

-Vince

N.P. - The Tantra Monsters - Crack House

Cis said:
Most definitely not Depeche Mode, everyone covers them, it`s getting boring...

I would like to hear something totally unexpected, none of the well known Kata- faves and obvious influences. Well, actually, I don't really need any covers at all cause their own songs are the best but if they do a cover again I would want it to be very different from the original, a totally un- katatonic- song changed into a 100%- Katatonia- song, that's my opinion on cover songs...

i agree with you Sabine. the best covers are the ones that have almost nothing in common with the original.

it's a chance for a band to make a tribute to another band that influenced it a lot. a cover won't be a bad thing on a Katatonia album, imo.

i'd like to hear katatonia cover some anathema and vice versa.

edit: hey they brought the post counts back.

VampiricYouth said:
I would actually like to hear Katatonia cover The Soul Cages by Sting.

Or 'Mad About You'. This song has kind of a dark pulsation, which would sound great with Katatonia style.

Medy said:
i agree with you Sabine. the best covers are the ones that have almost nothing in common with the original.

yeah, something like that... maybe my expression in my other post was a bit too drastic...
One of the best covers I ever heard is Placebo/ Kate Bush- Running up that hill. I love both versions very much and the fascinating thing is that Placebo mananged to give this song a true Placebo face AND heart but STILL it remained this old beautiful Katae Bush song- optimum result!! Compared to that, the Within Temptation version sucked, simply boring, although I like WT generally (sometimes), they have some nice vocal melodies in their own songs.
Oh, I see, I kind of missed the topic of this thread, sorry... ;)

Definitly a depeche mode song.. "In your Room", is very dark and would suit well I think..

"In your room
Where time stands still
Or moves at your will
Will you let the morning come soon
Or will you leave me lying here
In your favourite darkness
Your favourite half-light
Your favourite consciousness
Your favourite slave"

What about something from Paradise Lost, maybe "Permenent Solution", not true to Katatonia style so much but I am sure they could make it their own..

or "Hallowed Land", the more smooth flow would possibly blend better with their sound..