Which Symphony X album would you prefer the new upcoming album to sound like?

Which Symphony X album would you prefer the new upcoming album to sound like?

• The Divine Wings of Tragedy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iconoclast

• Twilight in Olympus

• Total voters
Something completely new and awesome. If that's beyond them at this point, I want to hear them do everything they're good at. I want them to go from Candlelight Fantasia to Egypt to Set the World on Fire and back again in one album. Maybe even in one song. And I want them to concentrate on the lyrics more than they ever have before.

I'd probably want it to sound like or be influenced by the sound of The Divine wings of Tragedy. It's just an album that I think had left a mark on the progressive metal genre that is so strong that they will probably never reach that height of their glory again.

Especially have another long 20+ minute song included on the album, because that is just an amazing thing in my opinion. I like how songs start slow and then build up and change their tempos multiple times throughout the song.

Ideally, I'd like something completely different.

If I had to choose one musical direction exemplified by an already written album, then V.

That said, I'm expecting it to sound like a middle-ground between The Odyssey and PL, just like LePond said it would, and I guess I'd be pretty satisfied with that.

Assuming we have to actually pick and album they already wrote? I voted Symphony X... I LOVE the whole theaterish musical sound to it. It would be killer to hear somethin in the vein of that, but with Russell.

Althought to be honest, just dont make it all obnoxiously loud like IC and were good.

Assuming we have to actually pick and album they already wrote? I voted Symphony X... I LOVE the whole theaterish musical sound to it. It would be killer to hear somethin in the vein of that, but with Russell.

Althought to be honest, just dont make it all obnoxiously loud like IC and were good.

Well, in a way A Lesson Before Dying is SX's musically "edgiest" song. Some weird stuff in there.

I agree, it was a really good debut album that simply fell a victim to a poor production and a poor singer at the time. But the songs themselves were actually great....I really hope they will be adding some influences from that album to their upcoming album as well. Particularly from songs like Taunting the notorious, Premonition, Shades of grey....Have you guys ever heard Shades of Gray and When All Is Lost from Iconoclast? They both sound really similar in the structure to each other, so I guess there was some debut album influence in iconoclast after all.

I wonder why no1 voted for TDWOT, isn't it an album most SymX fans really admire ? But oh well, after such a long time it does feel like we've heard it enough times by now...Time for something new

I think TDWOT is almost half filler, IMO. First four songs are great, last two songs are great, those three in the middle...ugh.

TDWOT does not have the best production, which may explain the lack of votes.
Wow, weird. I actually still enjoy it very much and every tune on TDWOT amazes me. And production actually is pretty good for an album that released in 97'. Again a matter of opinion though, but the 0 votes still kind of surprises me.