Symphony X Covering...

Originally posted by Demonspell
Glenn...I wouldn't mind hearing a tape of that. I can just imagine Pinella handling that keyboard solo. :) And since they teased us with a few seconds of YYZ on the live album, a full cover would be great.

The only tapes that I have of the few occurences are the memories within my mind. I have nothing on audio nor video in this instance to back it up. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I would entirely want that either. I just cross my fingers and hope that they someday do a version of it so that everyone can finally hear it!

Glenn

It would be very cool if they could do a metal arrangment of some works by classical music composers (Bach, or Wagner for example, tho my knowledge about this genre is realllllly limited)
Of course all done together with a symphonic orchestra (like the Lingua Mortis which RAGE played with) :)

Symphony X doing Boston...? Wow...that would be a treat!
I'd just love to hear that...
But ANY cover played by Symphony X would be great, right? :headbang:
It would be interesting to hear them do a really heavy version of "Machine Messiah" by YES... - or maybe a furious up-tempo version of "Flaming Telepaths" by Blue Öyster Cult...?
The question is - if they were to do a cover, should it be of music similar to their own, or something quite different? :loco:

Originally posted by Knight_
It would be very cool if they could do a metal arrangment of some works by classical music composers (Bach, or Wagner for example, tho my knowledge about this genre is realllllly limited)
Of course all done together with a symphonic orchestra (like the Lingua Mortis which RAGE played with) :)

They have done that actually. Divine Wings of Tragedy has many quotes from Holsts The Planets, A Fools Paradise has a section from Bach's Harpsichord Concerto No 1, Dressed to Kill has a bit of Bach's Prelude in C minor from the Well Tempered Clavier book, and, Prelude is based off of Verdi's Requiem, and Death of Balance/Lacrymosia has the Lacrymosia section (duh) of Mozarts Requiem.

Any other ones Im missing? :)

Uhm ok, aknowledged one ;)
I was meaning them playing a *full* piece, not a little here and a little there, inside THEIR songs... i know as well they already took quotes from classical composers (tho i don't know all those names like you do :D ), and if i wouldn't have liked hearing those short adaptments, i wouldn't have proposed them to play a LONG, ENTIRE, classical piece: DUH! :rolleyes:
And i specified, with a REAL, BIG orchestra... i imagine all of this would sound for sure a bit different than hearing DWoT or Lacrymosa or whatever... if i would want them to cover their own songs, i'd just have to wait for the next tour and go see them live (which i hope i can do, anyways) :D

Duh! hehehehe! Funny, I created the thread, and didn't put MY opinion of SymX covering another band! eheheheheh!

Well... I would like to see them covering curious bands... such Iced Earth (Dracula), Blind Guardian (Imaginations), and, "Karma", from Kamelot, and... uuhhmm... Pantera!! hehheheehhe!!

I was thinking of a few:

Crazy Train
The Trooper
Number Of The Beast
The Phantom Opera Ghost (Iced Earth)
Erotomania
Dance Of Eternity (talk about embarrasing Dream Theater)