Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch

Very nice.

I also learned that Temperance, which is made by Bull Run, is no longer going to sport the same label. Seems to me that this is going to be confusing for people looking for "Temperance"...

Enjoying some Willett Rye, rare release. Really fucking good.

The more I drink rye, the more I realize I enjoy it best with just one ice cube. I like whiskey neat, but one ice cube cools it down a bit and doesn't dilute the flavor.

Willett Rye is phenomenal. That and Hochstadter's Vatted Rye are my two favorites. I also go for one Ice cube

Almost finished off my bottle of Springbank. Something about the lighter saline taste makes it so good for a spring/summer whisky. I've got half a bottle of Aberlour left but will probably get some more summery like a Glenlivet 12 or another Springbank. Or just some Dos Equis and some limes...

Last edited:
^Yeah the grocery store around here was out of Buffalo Trace for over a fucking month so I made sure to grab a bottle.

Got some Highland Park after seeing it recommended a lot. This stuff is trash TBH. For the ABV it's WAY too hot. I had to do 2:1 scotch to water to even get it tasting like I would expect for a single malt. That said, it does have good peaty flavor, after you tone down the excessive burn. Still, not as bad as Oban.

I repented and bought a Laphroaig 10yr cask strength (56% ABV) it's gud. Just a step below Lagavulin 16 that has a more well rounded and flavorful taste. This is more in line with Ardbeg in that it has that slight rubbery/medicinal vibe.

Enjoying a few glasses tonight. Having some Bib & Tucker bourbon now. I really like this, goes down smooth and then has a bit of a nice bite after swallowing.

Also tried some Leadslingers bourbon recently - anyone else tried this? I don't dislike it, but it's a really sweet pour, heavy on the corn.