White Cluster Appreciation

I never cared for it much, til I saw it live. Now it's a song that I play alot. The guitarwork is really good. All of Still Life is really amazing. The more I listen to that album, the more I like it. The songwriting is top notch. If only the production quality was up to the level of BWP or Deliverance.

the noose is tied
murmur through the crowd
plunging into anywhere but here

brilliance

opeth8 said:
I never cared for it much, til I saw it live. Now it's a song that I play alot. The guitarwork is really good. All of Still Life is really amazing. The more I listen to that album, the more I like it. The songwriting is top notch. If only the production quality was up to the level of BWP or Deliverance.

You've said it all. I started noticing it and appreciating it a whole lot more after i saw it played live. But yeah lol that's SW for you, genius producer

I like the production on still life, perhaps not the quality but just the overall mood it sets.

White Cluster was always one of my favs. Its interesting how Mike uses very limited growling on this track, perhaps the character is less angry by this song and simply in sorrow from everything which has gone wrong...

I just love the part where he sings, "Plunging into anywhere but here..."

I love the way he drags "here" out.

Just an awesome song, overall. Especially live, though Mike's voice was all nausily, cause he was sick.

^ +1

been listening to still life alot lately, definetly one of the strongest conclusive songs, ends still life perfectly, and my personal fave on the album. :headbang:

has anyone noticed that after the lines "They wear white for me, seemingly jaded and lost, i forge myself into your dreams, and here i am your life" the riff contains two consecutive notes that are the same progression as the end part of dream theater's "hells kitchen" listen to both one after another, you'll hear it. its sick

You've said it all. I started noticing it and appreciating it a whole lot more after i saw it played live. But yeah lol that's SW for you, genius producer

....SW didn't produce Still Life...unless I'm misreading.

white cluster is really great its heavy and then it has clean parts so its the best of both worlds really i think in my opinion i'm pretty sure