WHITECHAPEL

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
? who recorded these guys?
theres something about it i really like!
the mixes are quite bottom heavy but still very neat and controlled
i've compared one of there mixes to mine and i think there guitars play a big part in this. theres a lot of bottom end in them but they are still very tight...

very powerful feel..

any one have any info on these recordings?

the song 'Vicer Exciser' in particular.. love it!

Ayyy, I mixed some stuff for these guys a while ago (demo's, not the album).

The album was recorded and mixed by a dude named Miah @ The Sound Lair in TN.

Mastered by Alan Douches and apparently the difference between the unmastered and mastered version is huuuuge. Still waiting to get an a/b of it, it'd be interesting.

Awesome band and awesome dudes.

I know they used a Splawn of some sort, 5150, Dual Rec and a Marshall DSL for leads, IIRC. All through a Vader cab w/a single 57 *i think*.

haha wicked man! i'd love to know more about these recordings.. i have the demo stuff to! i love how the sub drops are soo huge! haha it distorts soo bad but it makes me laugh in a good way..

i'd like to see the eq response on the guitars. they sound sooo thick

haha wicked man! i'd love to know more about these recordings.. i have the demo stuff to! i love how the sub drops are soo huge! haha it distorts soo bad but it makes me laugh in a good way..

i'd like to see the eq response on the guitars. they sound sooo thick

the demo's they had on myspace aren't my mixes, I have the session files and they paid me to do some mixes but ended up using Miah's mixes for a few different reasons. *(ahem I guess Miah is a bit... touchy w/his sessions)*.

but yeah, you've likely never heard my mix of the songs..

the demo's they had on myspace aren't my mixes, I have the session files and they paid me to do some mixes but ended up using Miah's mixes for a few different reasons. *(ahem I guess Miah is a bit... touchy w/his sessions)*.

but yeah, you've likely never heard my mix of the songs..

Damn man! i would love to hear your mixes of them.

I love The Somatic Defilement.:headbang:

Don't they have 3 guitarists or am I mistaken? How does that work out come mix time?

The only thing I don't totally like is that the snare seems to be a little too low end heavy and gets lost especially during blasts. Doesn't take away from the album though.

"I will spit right in your fucking face. How does it taste?"

I love The Somatic Defilement.:headbang:

Don't they have 3 guitarists or am I mistaken? How does that work out come mix time?

The only thing I don't totally like is that the snare seems to be a little too low end heavy and gets lost especially during blasts. Doesn't take away from the album though.

"I will spit right in your fucking face. How does it taste?"

yeah, sounds very... un-sample-y. haha. I know Kevin the drummer loves a deep snare sound, but.. it's a little off IMO.

I just did L, R and C. sometimes flipped them around for certain parts someone did and whatnot.

I'll see if I can post one of the mixes up.. I had it on myspace for a while, so it shouldn't be a problem..

MAKE SURE THOSE LIPS ARE SEALED BELOW YOUR WASTE!

YOU WILL NEVER FUCK AGAIN!

yah three guitars
left/center/right

ya know all their lyrics are based on Jack the Ripper?

check out 'Alone in the morgue' for the guitars being panned seperate..towards the end.

i tryed to upload that little section but it wont let me make it an mp3 grrr

Never heard of these boys before this post.
But I think they sounbd pretty darn good.

This is one of the reasons that I love this board so much: I have heard of more bands - via this forum - than any other before.

Nice post, jesterroot4.