Who are your favourite frontmen in "Rock" and why ?

Fingers

Jan 9, 2003
West Sussex
Visit site
Ok this is a subject a few of us touched on recently so here goes in no particlular order:

Ozzy (in his heyday) : For his ability to control an audience.

Biff : For his humour and clear passion for his music that exudes from the stage.

Robb Flynn: One of the newer generation of front men, has the ability to talk bollocks, but take that away he can work a crowd as well as anyone I've seen.

Vince Neil : Again in the Crue's heyday we all knew and he knew, he didn't have the best voice in the world but for sheer energy he was outstanding.

Dee Snider : Only saw them the once in the flesh on the "come out and play" tour but the control he had on the audience was awesome.

Finally I couldn't not mention.....................

David Lee Roth : I still smile when I think of his performance with Van Halen @ Donington 84, he was like the caberet, between every song there seemed to be a wave of jokes culminating in him telling a female fan "not to stick her tongue out at him unless she wants to use it" BRIEF PAUSE and then the reply "She wants to use it!"

Well there you go I've started it who is everyone elses favourite?

:Spin:

James Hetfield: Guitar and singing and both hard to beat
Bruce Dickinson: Air ride siren, any questions?
Hansi Kürsch: Good singer

Kory Clarke - Warrior Soul. Simpley one of the best singers/frontmen ever, from the world most criminally underated band ever.

Blaze Bayley - "Get your hands in the air from the start of the song you wankers" need I say more!

Biff - Great singer with a superb sense of humour. Really gets the crowd into it.

Phil Anselmo - If he's not pissed, he can be awesome, transfers his power and agression to the crowd. When pissed up he's a babbling twat.

Angus Young - A frontman who doesn't even sing.

biff for sure for his passion for saxon and his music, his voice, his on stage humour, and his loyaty to his fans never once has he told me to feck off when ive ask him for an autograph or picture. and i think that means so much to a fan as well as the bands music. Cause i think as well as being a great bloke biff and saxon remember who put them where they are today. cheers biff