Best frontmen in rock/metal

How could I forget King Diamond :kickass:

BTW I'd include John Bush too, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything as of late.

6. Chuck Billy - Probably my favorite Thrash metal vocalist. I think he is very underrated. He has a great singing voice and a great deep roar.
Hell yeah Chuck is one of my favorites too, I have everything they put out I heard they regretted Demonic for being so dark but I love it, a slap in the face to those who were becoming more commercial. Respect.:headbang:

Great post!

Number 7 cuts me up. I never got to see Ronnie perform live.

RIP Ronnie :headbang:
I actually did one time, when Anthrax opened for him. I wasn't even paying attention to the "show" or the songlist or whatever, I just found myself watching him and marveling about what this man has done for metal. Watching him hit every note and the crowd worshiping him made me elated, I walked out of there happy, so wish he wasn't gone.

Greg Graffin - Very laid back but yet so intensive, he will make you feel like you're his best friend watching the show.

Hell yeah dude I'm pretty sure you and I are the only Bad Religion fans here but Greg rules the stage as well as the record, I like intelligence in music and he never fails to deliver.

Count me in among the Bad Religion fans!

Lemmy
Hetfield
Dickinson
Blackie Lawless
And this guy is my favourite:

ian.jpg

Ian Anderson.

1. Bruce Dickinson. Fun guy, top notch performer and knows how to get the audience going.

2. John Bush. Goes apeshit onstage yet sings amazing.

3. Phil Anselmo. A combination of suave cool cat and bad ass. Pretty funny banter between songs too.

4. Howlin' Pelle from The Hives. Not the best of singers. He can however handle a crowd and his Jaggeresque strutt is quite awsome - pure fun.

5. The Dev. I miss his skullet though.

6. Mike Patton. What has been mentioned above. Entering the stage in a wheelchair and complaining over late nights for a buch of old people gives him 5 out of 5.

7. Randy Blythe. He has really grown into the role as a frontman over the years.

8. Ginger from The Wildhearts. Nice guy, makes the show feel like a bunch of your best friends are playing just for you.

9. Mike Muir. Always comes back to thank us fans.

10. Peter Dolving. Very anti-rockstar.

I can't bear to put my favorite metal singers in any order, so I'll just list some.

-Zetro
-Bruce Dickinson
-Stace McLaren
-Dave Mustaine
-Phil Anselmo
-Rob Halford
-Lemmy
-Chuck Billy
-Gary Meskil
-Chuck Schuldiner
-Corpsegrinder
-Kurt Brecht

And oh yeah, JOHN FUCKING CONNELLY.

It's both rock and metal, right?

In that case I'd like to mention mr. Tim Smith of Cardiacs.
Commercially underrated, yet hugely influential. Quite a character. He's been active since the 70s, and has written and recorded some rather stunning songs over the years.

Sadly, he suffered a stroke and a paralysing heart attack in 2009.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/feb/03/cardiacs-tim-smith-stroke-tribute-album?INTCMP=SRCH

He deserves credit for his music, and for the stunning live performances he gave before tragedy struck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with most of those. Especially Mike Patton, Dio, Belladonna, Dave Mustaine(always been a great frontman but lately his live singing is awful), Axl Rose(despite his LSD), Robert Plant. Among some of the worst in rock/metal:

Vince Neil
I'm drawing a blank after that. I saw Motley Crüe about 5 or 6 years ago and he just straight up sucked. Shitty moves, no energy, big beer belly, and way off key.

You shouldn't be too hard on poor Vince Neil. Before the Motley Crue reunion he was employed at Edinburgh Zoo cleaning the mucus from ping-pong balls which the baboons shoot out of their vaginas. He does love a vagina and will do ANYTHING to get close to one. Sadly, that includes "singing" for Motley Crue.

You shouldn't be too hard on poor Vince Neil. Before the Motley Crue reunion he was employed at Edinburgh Zoo cleaning the mucus from ping-pong balls which the baboons shoot out of their vaginas. He does love a vagina and will do ANYTHING to get close to one. Sadly, that includes "singing" for Motley Crue.

I hear they're making a biopic movie about the Crue. Jon Lovitz should play him.

They should do a biopic movie about those baboons. Neil Strauss could write the screenplay.

I say "could" in the loosest possible sense.

You know; those baboons could write it themselves. They were going to write one about Vince Neil, but that Strauss, he doesn't miss a trick, he pipped them to the post.

I haven't been to the post for AGES.

Right, I'm off to the shops. Anyone want anything?

Greg Graffin - Very laid back but yet so intensive, he will make you feel like you're his best friend watching the show.

Hell yeah dude I'm pretty sure you and I are the only Bad Religion fans here but Greg rules the stage as well as the record, I like intelligence in music and he never fails to deliver.

I agree, BR is a great band with an intelligent message

Lots of options....here's some of my faves (no particular order):

Jim Morrison
Lemmy
John Bush
Dickinson
Halford
Roger Daltrey

On any given day, this list could change, or not.

Keith Caputo used to be one of my favorites but he's gotten so gay over the years. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He would have been an interesting choice had the Doors chosen him when he auditioned.