Who do you think is the best thrash metal vocalist?

That was a dumb disagreement.

Anyway, my favourite thrash metal vocalist of all time is probably [insert guy you all hate].

No but I genuinely love the twin combination of Dave Hewson and Terry Sadler from Slaughter, they just sound so obnoxious and snotty.
Stand alone vocalists I have to go with Tom Araya and Nasty Ronnie, for pure violence and coldness I like Gezolucifer.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft

Anyway, my favourite thrash metal vocalist of all time is probably [insert guy you all hate].

No but I genuinely love the twin combination of Dave Hewson and Terry Sadler from Slaughter, they just sound so obnoxious and snotty.
Stand alone vocalists I have to go with Tom Araya and Nasty Ronnie, for pure violence and coldness I like Gezolucifer.
Good irregular choices.

Reactions: CiG

Its awesome to see Gezol get mentioned but can he really be called a Thrash vocalist? Sabbat could be thrashy but they were more a black metal group to me.

tumblr_muk2cyAO8N1sqpqpuo1_500.gif

Its awesome to see Gezol get mentioned but can he really be called a Thrash vocalist? Sabbat could be thrashy but they were more a black metal group to me.

Fair enough, so why are we allowing Sodom's vocalist and Kreator's vocalist? Hell, Nasty Ronnie is from Nasty Savage who aren't a straight up thrash metal band either.

Draw your line, sir.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Fair enough, so why are we allowing Sodom's vocalist and Kreator's vocalist? Hell, Nasty Ronnie is from Nasty Savage who aren't a straight up thrash metal band either.

Draw your line, sir.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt saying you couldnt but id say Kreator and Sodom were more significantlythrash bands than any other genre, while i see Sabbat as black metal above all else. Im not going to make a big deal out of it arguing over genres is idiotic to me besides i like seeing him mentioned.

What do you like about Schuldiner? He's decent on early Death (his higher screams being my favourite, the midrange is merely servicable) and then becomes incredibly grating to my ears on later albums.

If you say so. He's decent on Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy but he went majorly downhill over the next few albums. He was outclassed in evil and twisted vocals by a lot of other death metal vocalists too.
You've heard Death's cover of Painkiller, right? If that's your definition of "going majorly downhill", well, shit, I guess Glenn Hughes doesn't have it anymore.

If you say so. He's decent on Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy but he went majorly downhill over the next few albums. He was outclassed in evil and twisted vocals by a lot of other death metal vocalists too.

Being more evil and twisted doesnt technically mean better even when it comes to death metal. Not saying Chuck is one of my favorite death metal vocalists but i can see why some would favor him.

The vocals on that cover sound like shit.
His vocals are great on that cover, he's hitting all the right notes, hitting them while doing death metal vocals (see also, things most singers wouldn't attempt if you paid them 6 million bucks in advance), and sometimes, although rarely, hitting them stronger than Halford did on the original recording in a purely technical sense. So that's reflective of your taste if anything, not the musical strength of the performance.

Being more evil and twisted doesnt technically mean better even when it comes to death metal. Not saying Chuck is one of my favorite death metal vocalists but i can see why some would favor him.

Well obviously, but he doesn't add any real passion/emotion to them either and he sounds physically in pain (and not in a good way) when doing them at times. So what exactly does he have? Obviously influential, but I'll take pretty much every other early Floridian death metal vocalist over him. David Vincent especially, whose performance on Blessed are the Sick is amazing.

Well obviously, but he doesn't add any real passion/emotion to them either and he sounds physically in pain (and not in a good way) when doing them at times. So what exactly does he have? Obviously influential, but I'll take pretty much every other early Floridian death metal vocalist over him. David Vincent especially, whose performance on Blessed are the Sick is amazing.
He has a technical vocal acumen all but incomparable as far as death metal vocalists go.

I havent listened to Blessed are the sick yet, but i dont find the vocals on Altars of madness that strong myself. It might be the fact that he sounds physically in pain though why some would prefer him.

I havent listened to Blessed are the sick yet, but i dont find the vocals on Altars of madness that strong myself. It might be the fact that he sounds physically in pain though why some would prefer him.

He sounds much different on Blessed are the Sick (much lower than on Altars, but not as low as Covenant), they are pretty much 100% intelligible as well. I actually love the vocals on Altars but some don't which is why I listed Blessed instead.