Who else here thinks...

JudasPriest-BreakingtheLaw-ScreenCa.jpg

Recently, I'm suffering from the "I-swear-if-I-hear-one-more-classic/80's/glam/true metal band-I'm-going-to-start-throwing-shit" attitude. Not that I dislike any of those genres at all; on the contrary, I really dig them. It's just that I have that shit rammed down my throat (no pun intended) on a daily basis from my friends. I don't care that Sebastian Bach is coming to play next week. I'm sick of hearing Youth Gone Wild everywhere I go. I don't care how much you love Slash and GnR. Why the fuck would I pay money to see LA Guns? Why would I even give a shit about anything Skid Row has done since Bach left? Motley Crue is an old, washed-up band...go listen to them in your bedroom but don't bring that shit out every single time.

If it's not that, then it's Sepultura/Cavalera Conspiracy. Who gives a shit about either of the Cavalera brothers anymore? I can't take another night of going to see a show and then afterwards, being able to name the entire DJ set. Gonna start off with Skid Row, then go into Territory by Sepultura, then At the Gates, then Painkiller by Priest, then The Trooper by Maiden, then something by Slayer, rinse, repeat. It's like Groundhog Day at every local concert. People here are stuck in the 80's so badly that it's not even entertaining anymore.

Go see Priest live and then tell me that.

That would not work. Halford's voice kinda sucks nowadays. I saw Judas Priest live about a year ago, and his voice has deteriorated a lot, possibly due to the age and the constant use of falsetto, which may eventually 'damage' your throat. Ah well.

Seriously though, it was rrrreally bad. He sounded like some sort of evil witch.

Recently, I'm suffering from the "I-swear-if-I-hear-one-more-classic/80's/glam/true metal band-I'm-going-to-start-throwing-shit" attitude. Not that I dislike any of those genres at all; on the contrary, I really dig them. It's just that I have that shit rammed down my throat (no pun intended) on a daily basis from my friends. I don't care that Sebastian Bach is coming to play next week. I'm sick of hearing Youth Gone Wild everywhere I go. I don't care how much you love Slash and GnR. Why the fuck would I pay money to see LA Guns? Why would I even give a shit about anything Skid Row has done since Bach left? Motley Crue is an old, washed-up band...go listen to them in your bedroom but don't bring that shit out every single time.

If it's not that, then it's Sepultura/Cavalera Conspiracy. Who gives a shit about either of the Cavalera brothers anymore? I can't take another night of going to see a show and then afterwards, being able to name the entire DJ set. Gonna start off with Skid Row, then go into Territory by Sepultura, then At the Gates, then Painkiller by Priest, then The Trooper by Maiden, then something by Slayer, rinse, repeat. It's like Groundhog Day at every local concert. People here are stuck in the 80's so badly that it's not even entertaining anymore.
I see what you mean.

It's like every time I play music at a bar, and I'm playing some good non-commercial metal, and there will ALWAYS be a few dicks who come and request that same SOAD track they've heard a million times before.

I see what you mean.

It's like every time I play music at a bar, and I'm playing some good non-commercial metal, and there will ALWAYS be a few dicks who come and request that same SOAD track they've heard a million times before.

What sucks even more is when you ask the DJ to play something that is not "popular" and he rejects. A few nights ago I asked for a Meshuggah track at a bar and the reply was "No man, I only play traditional metal". What the shit. That's pretty narrow minded.

On a side note, Meshuggah kick ass.

When I DJ, you get the reverse: if you ask, "Dude, can you play Chop Suey!", I'll usually reply with, "No, if you want to hear the same track you've heard a thousand times before, I might as well just turn on the radio and let you listen to that."

When I DJ, you get the reverse: if you ask, "Dude, can you play Chop Suey!", I'll usually reply with, "No, if you want to hear the same track you've heard a thousand times before, I might as well just turn on the radio and let you listen to that."

I think a visit to Belgium would be worth it.