Who else here thinks...

I concur. I think Biomechanical did a great fucking job covering it but the mix is just a tad horrible.

In fairness it is a demo, though.

Based on Nevermore's past history with covering songs, I'd be inclined to believe it'd be anything but redundant.

Exactly. 'Make it their own', as it goes. Then again it'd be preferable to hear a cover of, say, Beyond the Realms of Death.

Not saying Judas Priest doesn't have good songs. I'm saying theres hundreds of better artist I could be listening to.

Max-Having great falsetto and range doesn't make you a good singer. Sounding good does. I happen to think Halford's voice sounds annoying most of the time.

Tobey: You'll have to slap me too. I've always tolerated Judas Priest but never *really* liked them, and I think Halford's voice is partly why. Not denying that he can sing, because he sure can. Just...never cared for the combination of his tone with his raspiness. Sorry Tobey *walks away with head hung in shame* :cry:

The only Priest album I like is Jugulator.

Painkiller is a good tune, but after hearing it so much at all the metal nights at all the pubs and clubs, I can't take it anymore.

I'm glad I have some back up on this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just seriously hate when I'm supposed to be obliged to like a band because they were pioneers.

First wave black metal is horrible, first wave rap is horrible, techno didn't get good until this decade, etc etc. And I rarely like guitar music when it isn't accompanied by keyboards of some kind or a folk instrument. That's why I can't really enjoy Nevermore much these days.

I'm glad I have some back up on this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just seriously hate when I'm supposed to be obliged to like a band because they were pioneers.

First wave black metal is horrible, first wave rap is horrible, techno didn't get good until this decade, etc etc. And I rarely like guitar music when it isn't accompanied by keyboards of some kind or a folk instrument. That's why I can't really enjoy Nevermore much these days.

crazyeyesbasketball.gif

it is all opinion, but liking metal and hating iron maiden and priest, liking rap and hating rakim and public enemy, it's pretty weird.

I don't think I would ever get into nevermore if I didn't first worship screaming for vengeance and painkiller.

just sayin'

I did it. Although I can't say I am the biggest fan of Nevermore type vocals in metal. When it's good though, it's really good and that's Nevermore.