Who has the balls?? [MUSICIANS LOOK HERE]

Actually I mtyjade that post styjtyjtyjtill drunk from thtyje night before, not intendiefhy should sfwomeythtyjone have to hfweny better?" argument is sofirrelevant it hurts, I know ffweuck all about cooking but I can still tell when swefweomfwething tastes like shit.

DERP DERP DERP jesus christ Swabs, get some writing done or some shit, post here, we all tryan to help Joe here

Also Joe, I have an old sample from orchestra shit:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1064562/Stuff/evil_unmasteredl.mp3

I have no idea if it sucks or not, my mind is pretty much in "dude I just woke up" mode so. + It's only one riff repeated.

That was pretty good, actually. A little symphonic but it does deliver an emotion/tone which is precisely what I am aiming for. I think that if you (or anyone else) really wanted, settling down and checking out some Hans Zimmer would be beneficial and might help to get the creative juices flow.

I can imagine using that track in a scene if it was tightened up a bit and finished. Nice dark music for an investigative/realization type moment.

That was pretty good, actually. A little symphonic but it does deliver an emotion/tone which is precisely what I am aiming for.

Yeah, that one was written when I just sat down and was like "lol let's make some shit with my new VST plugin".

I think that if you (or anyone else) really wanted, settling down and checking out some Hans Zimmer would be beneficial and might help to get the creative juices flow.

Bitch you joking with me? Hans Zimmer is godtier, my number one inspiration when it comes to music other than metal.

I can imagine using that track in a scene if it was tightened up a bit and finished. Nice dark music for an investigative/realization type moment.

Indeed, and maybe if it was like... not the same riff repeated all the time :lol:

Actually I made that post still drunk from the night before, not intending any commentary on Marie. But fine Ensi now that you mention it... Why should someone have to have taken part in an activity in order to comment on how someone else performs in said activity? The old immature "Could YOU do any better?" argument is so irrelevant it hurts, I know fuck all about cooking but I can still tell when something tastes like shit.

+1

in these situations this comes always to my mind :
Man ist nicht Herr von seinen Empfindungen; aber man ist Herr, was man empfindet, zu sagen. Wenn einem Manne von Geschmack in einem Gedichte oder Gemälde etwas nicht gefällt: muß er erst hingehen, und selbst Dichter oder Maler werden, ehe er es heraussagen darf: das gefällt mir nicht? Ich finde meine Suppe versalzen: darf ich sie nicht eher versalzen nennen, als bis ich selbst kochen kann?

I dont feel like translating it ,but it just fits trust me :p
Now I'm oiutta here :wave:

It seems like all parties would be doing something they've never done before. I'd love to help, i wrote a chamber orchestra when i was 11 and have always been composing since i started music. I rarely play metal music anymore and I've been wanting to get my fingers wet with film scoring a very long time considering my experience on the set etc. the top school i want to go to has a film scoring undergrad which i'll probably do if i get in. I can send you things i've done whence i get home, i just moved so my infrastructure isn't really set up yet, dunno if internet has arrived.

It seems like all parties would be doing something they've never done before. I'd love to help, i wrote a chamber orchestra when i was 11 and have always been composing since i started music. I rarely play metal music anymore and I've been wanting to get my fingers wet with film scoring a very long time considering my experience on the set etc. the top school i want to go to has a film scoring undergrad which i'll probably do if i get in. I can send you things i've done whence i get home, i just moved so my infrastructure isn't really set up yet, dunno if internet has arrived.

That sounds awesome man, and I can see you doing well with that, plus you have some connections through your dad to help you find work in the industry so I'd say go for it. Once you have all your shit together send me some stuff through an e-mail or PM. :kickass:

what program/college are you going to?
Humber College, Film and TV Production...

It's actually one of the best programs in Ontario (if not the best) that isn't run by faggots famous in the industry charging 20K-30K for 1 year. It is excellent for the hands-on learning and not just art-faggy shit or film theory like a lot of the other film schools I looked at.

And don't let the 60% minimum fool you, you have no chance of getting in without 85%+ grades (but because it is a "college" course they have to set the bar low, but the co-ordinator came into the room last year before I applied and said if anyone has lower than that don't fucking bother). It is also pretty competitve, apparently they get like 3,000 applications for 100 seats, most of which are from older people who already have BA's or are transfering from other more prestigious film schools. If I want a BA (which you don't fucking need in film anyways), I can always go back for 2 more and walk away with an advanced diploma and Bachelor's.

do you have a roughstimateguess of when this shall all happen?

I should know in a week or two and I'll let you know, I'm guess 1.5-2months out before pre-production on something begins.
and WTF is your signature?
I am trying to turn the sickness into sexual lust, each time I view it the pain in my stomach moves closer to a pleasure in my pants :lol:

that sounds cool, what exactly do you want to do in the film industry?
Initially wanted to be writer/director, now also leaning towards producer. Not sure which I am going to specialize in when you start picking your courses near the end of your program. The program teaches you everything though so I'll get a taste for what I like most then can zero in on the path I want to take.

and so you're already in the program? that's awesome man, so you havn't been in college yet? or at least not gotten a degree?

Yeah, but I did a 1 year program this year and even though I fucked around a lot I got 88.8% overall average (95 and 93 in the Film Related courses) so that is how I busted my way into the program. They only take 15 kids straight from highschool, the rest are people they take are those who have achieved academic success elsewhere that won't fuck up. The co-ordinator said he has to take some highschool kids but basically if you're out of highschool, you apply, get denied then apply next year after after doing something. But even I was worried about getting in; a lot of people have 3 year diplomas or even BAs and going back cuz their programs taught them shit all, just theory :lol:

and ew, where does it come from?

The bowels of the internet.

Ok, so this is getting srs now. I have a major end of the year project I am currently writing, in its 3rd draft (had to be re-written for the assignment to show the progression)... anyway, after the break this goes into pre-production, then production by late Jan/early Feb and I'm hoping to get post-prod started immediately after so this would be like late Feb/March that I would need the score to be start... this is only like a 3-4 minute video with no sync sound (no talking on screen)... so ideally I would send interested parties a very compressed version to watch and get an idea of what it's abotu so you can write a fitting score. Who is still interested?

Hey, I'm a third year music student in uni. A large part of it has been composition, and I have some really kickass sounding sound libraries/orchestral samples that sound just like a Hollywood movie. Are you still looking for people, because I'd be interested!

I still need someone to do a kind of horror-ish thing for a murder scene. It's a comedy but for that scene I want the score to have tension/build-up. If not I'll have to pay for stock music.