Who has the most brutal guitar sound?

Jfdiscord

SCORNEDSOUL
Mar 4, 2004
Just want to see what you all think has/had the most brutal guitar sound. I think that Rick Rozz from Massacre had the ultimate sound on From Beyond. Remember that album? That crunch was crazy! Then I would say that Terrance and Doug from Suffocation had it going on Effigy of the Forgotten. Just thought I would get this going to mix it up a little bit.

Dismember-Like an Ever Flowing Stream

Jfdiscord said:
Just want to see what you all think has/had the most brutal guitar sound. I think that Rick Rozz from Massacre had the ultimate sound on From Beyond. Remember that album? That crunch was crazy!

YES! I remember that. One of my buddies has it. Have you noticed that Rick
Rozz should be called "Mr. Whammy Bar" .....he wanks on the whammy bar
like a crackhead loves to take a hit. Count how many seconds where he doesn't
use the whammy bar! You're right though, Rick has a great sound. He's not
the best guitar player in the world, but you gotta dig on the whammy bar
wanking.

Yeah, Rick was kind of nutty on the whammy bar. I can't think of a solo where he's not on it like a fly on a log. Crazy fooker!

Dimmu Borgir on PME had a great guitar sound IMO. Still.. there could be better sounds around that I haven'T heard of yet.

AsModEe said:
Dimmu Borgir on PME had a great guitar sound IMO. Still.. there could be better sounds around that I haven'T heard of yet.
Dimmu Borgir guitar sound on "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" was crisp and brutal...like a thousand fucking chain-saws. I also like Soilwork's guitar sound quality on "Natural Born Chaos". Lamb of God's latest release really brought their brutal guitar sounds to life too.

Deicide - When Satan Lives (played through the stock speakers of my friends now-totalled 99 Ford Taurus)

I've never heard more searing guitars in all of my life. It actually brings a tear to my eye.