Who has the most crappy computer???

Naku ist krig

Jan 16, 2002
Subject line tells it all, but I try to be more precise.
Question is "What kind of computer do you use to browse Ultimatemetal.com"
this was you cannot file us the info of your computer back from the 70´s.

My:

processor AMD K6 350 mHz
memory 64 Mt Ram
33,6 Modem Connection
Hard disk space about 3 Gt
OS Windows 95
monitor 15 inches

:loco: Now you understand me quite better.

P4 NW 1.8GHz (100MHz FSB)
1024MB DDR RAM 333MHz
2x120GB Samsung HDD
DVD-Drive
CD-RW Drive
Samsung SyncMaster 181T, but Silver.
Altec Lansing ACS621 Speakers+Subwoofer.

ADSL modem with a hardware firewall.
512k/512k ADSL connection, on 24/7.

I could go on ages about the silencing of the machine, but
lets just say it is DEAD silent.

Reactions: hyena
450 mhz procesoor (AMD K6) (running at 453 now that I vacuumed all the dust oot, before it was around 413)
296 megs of ram (beefed up with ummmm... "borrowed" ram from school and some other stuff)
40 and 30 gig disks
24/10/40 CD burner
12x? CD drive (doesn't work)
Floppy drive (finally got a new one, old one broke a few years ago)
oldass SIS chipset (went out of date 6 months before I got it which was a looong time ago, probably 5 or 6 years...)

other details:
crashes if tilted more than ten degrees in any direction
no power button (broken/disconnected)
no case (taken off to prevent overheating)(front fell off)
decent 15" monitor
no sound output anymore, although it was hooked up to a nice but old stereo with some 745 watt speakers
Compaq "internet keyboard" has another two, but they broke... one was actually really nice (and dishwasher safe :))
Logitech optical trackball
Canon S600 printer
HP photosmart 7350 photo printer :)one USB port hooked up to a USB hub so I now have 4 :)
sharp metal case that isn't a good footrest (upright design)
piece of paper between motherboard and chipset required to prevent crashing (if it is removed, it instantly crashes)
dumbass compaq heatsync that needs to be pried off to access CPU, which doesn't come off. (last time my brother tried to get the Heatsync off, the processor came out with it and quite a few of the pins bent :()
ghetto-ass compusa steering wheel for auto games (doens't work) cost $5 many years ago
custom monitor squeegee!
windows XP and suse linux (usually doesn't work, that's why I have windows on here)

That's about it... I also have some other crappier ones... I have several 286 motherboards, and a bunch of 386's and some 486's....

Steve

coronerox said:
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
384MB DDR RAM
20GB HD (shitty)
nVidia GeForce 2 MX 400
CD-RW

That's pretty close to what I have, except I have 512 megs of DDR RAM and an 80 gig HD. I also have a pretty decent speaker system with subwoofer and a 19 inch NEC Monitor (not flatscreen). I plan on getting more RAM and a Radeon 9500 video card in about 3-4 months and possibly another HD.

RealHazard said:
Looks I have found the victor.

No way, dude! :Smug:

The computer I'm currently using is an ages old Pentium 166MHz with 32MB RAM, bought used from a friend of mine back in 1997 I believe. Other qualities are rather close to those of yours.

I do own a real computer, though - a 1,7GHz / 512MB DDR RAM machine that I bought less than a year ago. However, here at my "old" home during the summer, I'm using this centuries old supercomputer.

-Villain

Reactions: Rei Toei
rahvin said:
i have a good computer and i find it wouldn't be elegant for me to boast about it here....

rahvin.

yeah, as if you hadn't just done exactly that :)