Who has the most crappy computer???

Child of Time said:
My sophisticated l33t h4x0rz (yeah right) solution to this problem is: Put your computer on a big field far from people. Put a fair amount of dynamite under it. A few kilos will be enough. Give it a tender farewell-hug. Light the fuse on the dynamite and run like the hells gates had opened behind you. Throw yourself down on the ground and plug your ears. Say to the insurance company that it self ignited when you had taken it out on the field to wash it. Buy a new computer.
So why does it have to be far from people? :heh:

Child of Time said:
My sophisticated l33t h4x0rz (yeah right) solution to this problem is: Put your computer on a big field far from people. Put a fair amount of dynamite under it. A few kilos will be enough. Give it a tender farewell-hug. Light the fuse on the dynamite and run like the hells gates had opened behind you. Throw yourself down on the ground and plug your ears. Say to the insurance company that it self ignited when you had taken it out on the field to wash it. Buy a new computer.
..'Give it a tender farewell hug' ??

..*smacks Child of Time in the head with a magazine*

:lol:
Well that sounds exciting enough, but it's hardly a boost to my economy. Can't I just sell it to some unsuspecting computer-illiterate? Who will end up throwing himself/herself/itself off a tall building, driven to this drastic decision by the unspeakable despair caused by my very own, very dear computer... :p

Thanatos said:
So why does it have to be far from people? :heh:
So that noone goes to the insurance company and tell tales, of course. :heh:

Magsec4 said:
..'Give it a tender farewell hug' ??

..*smacks Child of Time in the head with a magazine*
*doesn't understand what he has done wrong this time*:confused:
*smacks back*

But dear Northern Lights, that wouldn't be kind to the poor computer-illiterate. :saint: But remember that you don't have to be kind to companies. :heh:

But I hate everyone equally ;)
However... it would be nice if I somehow could get some (read: truckloads and again truckloads of) money from those bastards at Skandia...

xenophobe said:
October 17th, 2003, 12:08 AM:

Right now I'm on an Athlon 700 with 384 meg ram and 400gigs hard drive space.

Soon to upgrade to a 3.2Ghz P4 Alienware Area52 with the Geforce 5900. \m/
:hotjump: Finally went and did it. 1700% faster than my last computer:

Alienware Area-51 Extreme
Intel Pentium 4 3.20GHz Hyperthreading CPU
1G Corsair XMS DDR SDRAM PC-3200
Intel 875P Motherboard
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - 7.1
ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256mb
Plextor PX-708A DVD+/-RW
Yamaha CRW-F1 CD-RW External
120g Seagate Barricuda SATA HD
120g Maxtor HD
200g Maxtor HD
Samsung 213T 21.3" LCD
APC 1000 Back Up

Went from one of the slowest on the thread to one of the fastest :cool:

Oh for the windows size problem, size it to what you want, and then hold <ctl> while exiting (clicking on the X), it should save your last window and relaunch it in the same position and size. Try it. ;) (I have XP Professional and have it set to do this automatically)

No, although the computer might have been deranged for a while, it must still have helped Northern Lights with many things that a computer is making easier. Therefore I think that one can at least once let it understand how much its services have been appreciated, although it has behaved bad lately. :loco:

Magsec4 said:
*reaches to blade case*
*:yell: s for moderator*

VALhalla shouldve gotten a copyright :mad:
Stupid Blind Guardian GRRRR
Die u_u,, Plz :p
(I meant, BG, not you :-o)

("Dear God. Please make everyone die. Amen." :p One of the best av's Arch evar had :lol: )

Northern Lights said:
:lol:
Can't I just sell it to some unsuspecting computer-illiterate?
My neighbor just sold a pentium MMX 300mhz for $300...I bet you can find such suckers in Sweden as well :)

xenophobe said:
:hotjump: Finally went and did it. 1700% faster than my last computer:

Alienware Area-51 Extreme

Is it one of these by any change?

That case looks awesome, I wonder if it's silent tho?
Nice rig in anycase, was it costly?

I just upgraded my graphics card, I now have a Sapphire Radeon 9600 in it.
It's not much more powerful than the old 8500LE, but it's DX 9.? supporting
and it has no fan, so it's friggin quiet, the old 8500LE's fan was the noisiest
thing in my new Antec Sonata silent case, with only 3 fans total, 2 being
12cm Papsts (26Db @ 12V) running on 7V and the last being the heatsensing
8cm on the Zalman 300W PSU.
I am finally totally satisfied with the silence of the comp, as it makes no noise
at all, I had to check that the fans were running by hand, sweet :D

@salmy: can you guide me safely through the land of computer fans? i always have fan-related problems. the one on my home pc processor is damn noisy, and i suppose the other one is too. what should i buy? i'm ignorant on the subject, i'm using the fans i got when i bought my machine. i specified i wanted big powerful ones as i've had troubles with them malfunctioning in the past, but aside from a weird gold-coloured fan box for the one connected to the power grid, i think i got the basic dissipator+plastic black fan combo.

Salamurhaaja said:
Is it one of these by any change?

That case looks awesome, I wonder if it's silent tho?
Nice rig in anycase, was it costly?

I just upgraded my graphics card, I now have a Sapphire Radeon 9600 in it.
It's not much more powerful than the old 8500LE, but it's DX 9.? supporting
and it has no fan, so it's friggin quiet, the old 8500LE's fan was the noisiest
thing in my new Antec Sonata silent case, with only 3 fans total, 2 being
12cm Papsts (26Db @ 12V) running on 7V and the last being the heatsensing
8cm on the Zalman 300W PSU.
I am finally totally satisfied with the silence of the comp, as it makes no noise
at all, I had to check that the fans were running by hand, sweet :D
Yes, I have a Predator case... mine is blue and red though. It was pretty expensive, but not nearly as much as the silent one I would have gotten if I could have afforded anything (the VoodooPC F50). I opted for the Alienware because an amost identical system from Dell was $1200 more, and the F50 was almost $1500 more at the time. Alienware was really cheap for the price and doesn't load in a bunch of extra crap like Dell or Compaq.

The Predator case has 8 fans including CPU and video card. It's not quiet, but it's not as noisy as my last generic ATX case with only 3 fans total. But my system is running really cool, and I'm considering overclocking. With my cpu motherboard, I should be able to get 3.5ghz without a problem.

The loudest fan is the CPU fan, if I replace that, I'm sure it would be much quieter.