Who have you met?

Thrashard925 said:
Yea, he's really beefed up. At the time of seeing him, it was only 2-3 years into wrestling -- around 1993 He may be more buff now

What´s so cool about guys who are basically (bad) actors?!?

I´ve never been able to understand what is so cool about fixed games, where people aren´t really being hurt! How about watching a fucking boxing match instead?!?

Someone, please tell me, apart from the obvious show of it, how anyone can take this shit seriously!

"I´ve never been able to understand what is so cool about fixed games, where people aren´t really being hurt! How about watching a fucking boxing match instead?!?"

You'd be surprised at how many boxing matches are fixed.

I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I did when I was younger. It might be scripted, but there are many wrestlers who have gotten hurt in the ring. Some have even died in there.

chiefs45177 said:
You'd be surprised at how many boxing matches are fixed.

Not really... you ever watch boxing on ESPN? Always fun to see Teddy Atlas go apeshit when the judges totally "botch" a decision that would have been obvious to Ray Charles. He once actually grabbed a member of a state boxing commission on camera, showed him the scorecard, and made the guy look like a total idiot on live television. Teddy Atlas rules!

Miltbrand said:

I´ve never been able to understand what is so cool about fixed games, where people aren´t really being hurt! How about watching a fucking boxing match instead?!?

Someone, please tell me, apart from the obvious show of it, how anyone can take this shit seriously!

Speaking only for myself, I don't think anyone takes it seriously. Back in the day it was probably more real, but not since the 80's I would say that anyone really takes it seriously. I don't watch it like I used to but I do from time to time. Some of the storylines are interesting and I used to love to listen to the ridiculous things that come out of their mouths or when catch phrases would be coined. You can't look at it as a sport because it isn't. It's entertainment and the WWE at least advertises it as such. For me, its a soap opera starring hot guys with buff bods, long hair, tight asses - I gotta go now.

I couldnt believe they almost sold out the silverdome for wrestlefakia 4(or whatever), I didn't know there were that many rednecks in the state of Michigan.

Not counting book/record signings and quick little "hey, nice to meet you, could you sign this?" encounters I've met, Jason, James, & Lars of Metallica (no Kirk I'm afraid), Rick Rude, George Clooney, George Jones, Danny Lilker, & Pete Rose. All were very cool except for George Jones who was a drunken dickhead.

Well being from Canada, I've met or known quite a few pro hockey players such as:

Bobby Orr (I played hockey with his nephew/old family friend), Curtis Jospeh (helped him all the time when I worked at a grocery store), Jeff O'Neill ( Toronto Maple Leafs My buddy's cousin. Jeff once got stoned and lost his golf clubs in the woods at the course I used to work at! LOL), Steve Vickers (New York Rangers, Won Calder trophy (rookie of the year)1969, I played hockey with his sons), Martin Brodeur (Bummed a smoke off me at the golf course I used to work at!), Rick Tocchet (Philadelphia Flyers, met him through his brother), Steve Thomas (He was a student of my Grade 8 teacher, and he visited us one day), Mike Palmateer (Toronto Maple Leafs. He ran a restaurant for years in my hometown, met him by going there),

I'm not trying to brag or something, A LOT of people in Canada know someone or are related to someone who made it to the NHL. I kid you not when I say pretty much every town with an arena in Canada has produced an NHL player that has at least been drafted. I played with two guys myself. A dude named Kyle Chapman who got drafted by Phoenix, and played a bit in the AHL and IHL, and another dude named Rob Zepp, who got drafted twice! First time by Atlanta, who waived him, then by Carolina. I'm pretty sure he's still in the Hurricanes farm system somewhere.

strik9 said:
Well being from Canada, I've met or known quite a few pro hockey players such as:

Bobby Orr (I played hockey with his nephew/old family friend), Curtis Jospeh (helped him all the time when I worked at a grocery store), Jeff O'Neill ( Toronto Maple Leafs My buddy's cousin. Jeff once got stoned and lost his golf clubs in the woods at the course I used to work at! LOL), Steve Vickers (New York Rangers, Won Calder trophy (rookie of the year)1969, I played hockey with his sons), Martin Brodeur (Bummed a smoke off me at the golf course I used to work at!), Rick Tocchet (Philadelphia Flyers, met him through his brother), Steve Thomas (He was a student of my Grade 8 teacher, and he visited us one day), Mike Palmateer (Toronto Maple Leafs. He ran a restaurant for years in my hometown, met him by going there),

I'm not trying to brag or something, A LOT of people in Canada know someone or are related to someone who made it to the NHL. I kid you not when I say pretty much every town with an arena in Canada has produced an NHL player that has at least been drafted. I played with two guys myself. A dude named Kyle Chapman who got drafted by Phoenix, and played a bit in the AHL and IHL, and another dude named Rob Zepp, who got drafted twice! First time by Atlanta, who waived him, then by Carolina. I'm pretty sure he's still in the Hurricanes farm system somewhere.

That´s interesting. I´m Czech and I doubt I have ever met any hockey player in person.

chiefs45177 said:
I used to work in retail (aka "a music store") years ago (like 91-95)...but now I work for a pharmaceutical company. In between there, I worked for one of the biggest computer resellers in the world. That's where I got my hookup with Anthrax (Charlie loves his Mac!). I've also worked for a few clubs and radio stations doing security at events. I have made lots of friends in the music world over the last 15 years. So, while I have met a number of bands from my jobs, most of it was done on my own or by knowing someone who works for a band.

I do the laminate thing as a hobby. I don't do it to make money, I do it because I enjoy it. I often spend hours designing passes with unique designs that are something more than a CD cover with the words "ALL ACCESS" added at the bottom. It is incredibly cool when your effort is rewarded with somthing like this:

loa_live.jpg

That being said, I am sure Buddy Love Bomb is wondering where his lams are...don't fret...they are on the way.

thanx for the story!!!
keep up the good work!!

I met Oskar, Joacim & Stefan from HammerFall when they played the Rave in Milwaukee back in 98 with Death. Fucking killer show, and those dudes were cool as hell!

I also met & talked with Gary Gygax, for all you geeks out there!

I forgot to add..
Uphill Battle
Unsane
Clutch
System of a Down: :ill: They were playing w/Bungle(who is the better band I might add) and I ran into them outside after the show. Seemed like nice guys though

Jamey Jasta: Met him at a Damageplan show...Not a big fan Hatebreed but again...he seemed like a pretty nice guy

Miltbrand said:

It's entertainment just like watching a show or movie you know is fake.

People do often get hurt in the fake wrestling though. It's generally by accident although sometimes wrestlers go rough on each other to make it look more realistic. Some wrestlers have gotten career-ending injuries.

I don't watch wrestling anymore though. I understand why you think it's rather silly.

La Parka and Ric Flair will always rule, however.

jdelpi said:
It's entertainment just like watching a show or movie you know is fake.

People do often get hurt in the fake wrestling though. It's generally by accident although sometimes wrestlers go rough on each other to make it look more realistic. Some wrestlers have gotten career-ending injuries.

I don't watch wrestling anymore though. I understand why you think it's rather silly.

La Parka and Ric Flair will always rule, however.

I met Ric Flair when I was a kid.

When it comes to music all I've ever met is Zakk Wylde which was pretty fuckin cool, but as for anything else, i once met the wrestler Chris Jericho, the comedian Lewis Black and the comedian Gallagher like 3 times (each after the 3 times i've seen his shows)

Well I've met shit loads of musicians. To many to name. Highlights for me meeting Anthrax several times... Hanging with Al from Ministry was a hoot. Then having him take careof the tab was a real treat.. His wife Angie is a real sweetheart. Hanging with Duff from GNR at a party in L.A was awesome. I could make a list a mile long but those are the ones that really stand out.. OH and when I was a kid I briefly met Clint Eastwood. I was skateboarding, Lost control and took a nasty fall.... Who comes up to make shure I'm o.k but the pale rider himself. Nice guy.. He helped me to my feet. I shook his hand and told him "it was an honor." He flashed the ol Eastwood grin says thanks and tells me to be carefull... None of my friends could believe it........