Who have you met?

Burton from Fear Factory, the guys in Ministry (bought them some beer), Bajsmannen, The Haunted a couple of times. And Exodus.

I´d like to meet the guys in Napalm Death or ex-Carcass (but then I´d probably get an erection or something like that).

I was fortunate to meet a bunch of cool folks at shows over the years.billy milano,jeff walker(carcass),suffocation,cannibal corpse(both b4 l.p.s were out).almost met slayer but I hung with john araya(toms brother)lol so that was cool.countless hardcore bands agnostic front, biohazard, murphys law etc. being an old fart and living in ny at the time- everyone seemed kind of accessable.playing drums in a band and then doing a zine later on didnt hurt either lol.

I've met tons of folks. These lists are by no means complete, I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty.

MUSIC: Anthrax (Scott, John, Frank, Charlie, Rob), Rob Zombie, Nonpoint, Flaw, Alice Cooper, Static-X, Larry from Primus, Dave Mustaine & Dave Ellefson, Ill Nino, Sevendust, Killswitch Engage and a bunch of other bands on the last Ozzfest.

MOVIES/TV: Bruce Campbell, George Romero & damn near everyone from the original Dawn of the Dead, tons upon tons of horror/sci-fi folks. (I could make a list if you realy want, it's LONG!)

SPORTS: Cal Ripken, Will Clark, Manute Bol, probably hundreds more.

WRESTLING (not really a sport, haha): Taz, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer & Beulah, The Blue Meanie, Big Dick Dudley, Bam Bam Bigelow, Balls Mahoney, The Iron Sheik, George the Animal Steele.

karrokid said:
i've met (musically) charlie, danzig, henry rollins, jerry only,joan jett, david lee roth,jason newsted and, rich ward and bonz from stuck mojo.
from movies.. bill mosley(chainsaw massacre 2/house of 1000 corpses/devils rejects)
sid haig (house of 1000 corpses/devils rejects)
bill johnson (chainsaw massacre 2)
(t.v.) jerry springer and oprah winfrey
sports jim mcmahon,ernie banks and mike tyson.
Cool, what was Sid Haig like. I love on the House of a 1000 corpses DVD main menu when he comes out and says "Well Shit the bed". Devils Rejects was fucking awesome too.

Metal bands wise I have met

ANTHRAX - John, Frank, Rob & Charlie

Bruce Dickinson

TESTAMENT - Chuck Billy, Alex Schlonik, Greg Christian & Louie Clemente

I've met all of Anthrax, Joey years and Bush years except Joey V. Actually several times including the Room for one more video shoot in Tampa Fl.
Also-Danzig and the rest of his band during the Danzig one albumn tour.
All of Pantera (coolest mutherfuckers on the planet)
All members of Sevendust. My friend Chris is actually good friends with Vinny the bass player, so when ever they are in town............
Remember Saigon Kick????? They used to play in Tampa all the time and I have met them a few times.
All members of Korn when they were unknown. I still think they suck monkey balls.
All of Sucidal Tendencies

BASEBALL PLAYERS
Derek Jeter-David wells-David Cone-Joe Torre-Darryl Strawberry-Jose Canseco-Andy Pettit-Willie Mays-Doc Ellis-Ozzie Smith, probably a few more

Gene Simmons
paul Stanley
Slash(We have a jack Daniels @ the Coconut teazer while he was trying to hook my sister..Thing He..Obviously did..haha ha ha)
Tracii Guns(we play pool at the same club..One really nice guy and of course one of my fav guitar players..)
Sebastian Bach
Mike Patton
Jennifer Charles(Lovage singer..She put me on the list for NY sold out nite)
mmmm
Some SAn Lorenzo Futbol players who You never heard of..But they were cool..
david mustaine (Rock in Rio ´91 in San Genaro!!!!)
Trey Spurance (-i didn´t expect to see You here.." For a Mr Bungle show in Las Vegas at the House of Blues..)
Some others i don´t remember now..
ja ja ja ja
George Bush?
just kidding
I would like to have a coffe with Bon Jovi ...Really

Let's see....
Snot (Mikey Doling, Lynn Strait:RIP Got wicked drunk with him, Jaimie)One of my favorite bands:worship: :worship:
Machine Head
Slayer
Corrosion of Conformity
Life of Agony (Keith, Sal and Joey Z)
Mike Patton
Deftones
Les Claypool
Dez Fafara ( Devil Driver, Coal Chamber)
Lamb of God
Vanilla Ice...Yes, THAT Vanilla Ice:ill: He was at a Slayer show that I was at)
Superjoint Ritual (Kevin Bond, Hank 3 and Joe Fazzio)
Dimebag and Rex
Mastodon
Ron Jeremy...YES!!!the HEDGEHOG:headbang: :headbang:
Sick of it All (Lou Koller)
Melvins ( King Buzzo, Dale Crover and Kevin Rutmanis)
12 Tribes
John Stanier (ex Helmet, current Tomahawk and Battles drummer)
Mr. Bungle all of them..I have met Mike Patton 4 times)
Frank Black of the Pixies
Gwar
Al Sharpton: he was having a rally in front of my work this last Presdential election.....There was about 7 people there and all but me were reporters:tickled: :lol:
Crowbar
Weedeater
Sevendust
Cephalic Carnage
Uphill Battle
Oh yeah and every Neo-Cons favorite person....Michael Moore:D Met him at MSU
and a bunch of others that I can't think of at the moment

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
I was really privileged to know Roald Dahl. ...

That's awesome!! At my school, we grew up on his books, and my wife went to a British school for a year and became acquainted with the Twits and Fantastic Mr. Fox (not so well-known to us Yanks). So, I've met Charlie and Scott, Slayer (w/ Bostaph, very cool dude, as was Tom), Faith No More (only Roddy Bottum and guitarist Jon Hudson), Violent Femmes (yeah Brewtown!), David Lynch, Napalm Death and Diecast (courtesy of Johnnie), Neil Gaiman (usual book tour stuff), Terry Brooks, and my wife has met Terry Pratchett!, KMFDM minus En Esch. My wife also met Schwarzenegger in Aspen years ago in a shop, and he was a dickhead ("This isn't a press conference!")--she and her friend were the only 2 people in the shop. But Buddy Hackett was very cool to her.

dd316 said:
MOVIES/TV: Bruce Campbell, George Romero & damn near everyone from the original Dawn of the Dead, tons upon tons of horror/sci-fi folks. (I could make a list if you realy want, it's LONG!)

How could I forget? I met Bruce at an AoD screening in like 1996 in Madison.

Cool, what was Sid Haig like. I love on the House of a 1000 corpses DVD main menu when he comes out and says "Well Shit the bed". Devils Rejects was fucking awesome too.
super cool dude. Sid and Bill Mosley were promoting Rejects.

I came up with a quick list of all of the bands I could remember meeting...if I only met one or two members, I listed them i parentheses. Otherwise, I met the whole band. There's some good ones in here (Winger for example). I have been going to shows for close to 20 years and have worked in all kinds of areas in the biz, so I have met a lot of bands. Most I have gotten autographs or pictures with just for the memories.

A (awesome UK band)
Accept (Peter Baltes)
Alice In Chains ('Facelift' / Mike Starr era)
The Almighty (Ricky Warwick)
Amen (Casey Chaos)
American Hi-Fi
Anthrax (all members since 'Fistful' except Turbin)
Arcade (Stephen Pearcy & Frankey Wilsex)
Babes In Toyland
Babylon A.D.
Sebastian Bach
Backyard Babies
Badlands
Bang Tango
Beatiful Creatures
Betty Blowtorch (Bianca and Blare)
Biohazard (orginal line-up)
Blackeyed Susan
Black Label Society
Black Sabbath (Dio, Iommi, Geezer, Bill Ward, Vinny Appice, Geoff Nichols)
Blissed
Bowling For Soup
Britny Fox
Broadzilla
Buckcherry
BulletBoys
Candlebox
Cannibal Corpse (Barnes and Corpsegrinder eras)
Carnivore
Cathedral
Cinderella
Circus Of Power
Gilby Clarke
Clutch
Cold
Concrete Blonde
Alice Cooper (plus every band lineup he has had for the past 5 years)
Corrosion Of COnformity
Crazy Town
Crowbar
Cry Of Love
Danger Danger
Dangerous Toys
Danzig (Glenn, John Christ, Eerie Von, Chuck Biscuits, Tommy Victor, Josh Lazie, Joey Castillo, Todd Youth, Howie Pyro)
The Darkness
Deadsy
D Generation
Disturbed
Dogma
Dokken
Dope
Drain S.T.H.
Drown
Enuff Z'Nuff
Sara Evans
Every Mother's Nightmare
The Exies
Exodus ('Force Of Habit' era & 1997 reunion era w/ Baloff)
The Fags
Faster Pussycat
Fear Factory (Dino)
Flickerstick
Foo Fighters (Dave Grohl)
Forbidden
420 Monks
40 Ft. Ringo
Galactic Cowboys (Monty Colvin)
Garbage (Butch Vig and Duke Erikson)
Godsmack
Great White
Grinspoon
Guns N' Roses (Slash, Duff, Steven Adler, Gliby Clarke, Dizzy Reed)
Hanzel Und Gretyl
Hayseed Dixie
The Hellacopters
Ice Cube
The Impotent Sea Snakes
Iron Maiden (Jannick Gers)
Jackyl
Judas Priest (Glenn Tipton, Tim Owens)
King Diamond
King's X
The Kinleys
KISS (Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer)
Korn
Lenny Kravitz
Lacuna Coil
L.A. Guns (pretty much all 102 members or whatever they have had)
Avril Lavigne
Life Of Agony
Lisa Loeb
Love/Hate (Jizzy Pearl)
Marilyn Manson (Marilyn, Daisy, Ginger, John 5, Tim Skold)
Lila McCann
Megadeth ('Rust In Peace' era)
Jo Dee Messina
Misfits (Michale Graves-era)
Mötley Crüe (Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx and John Corabi)
Motörhead (Lemmy and Mikkey Dee)
Mushroomhead
Mrderdolls (Acey Slade, Eric Griffin, Joey Jordison, Ben Graves)
My Little Funhouse
Nashville Pussy (all 4 bass players even)
Nine Days
Obituary
Orgy
OverKill ('Under The Influence' era)
Pantera
Papa Roach
Pearl Jam ('VS.' era)
Poison
Pretty Boy Floyd
Pride & Glory
Pro-Pain
Quiet Riot
Rachel Stamp
Ratt
Sacred Reich
Saigon Kick
Saliva
Joe Satriani
Sawyer Brown
The Scorpions
The Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies
Sepultura (Igor and Andreas)
Sevendust
Shedaisy
Shotgun Messiah
Silvertide
Skid Row (Sebastian line-up and new line-up)
Slaughter
Slayer (Dave Lombardo)
Slipknot (Corey, Joey, Shawn, Paul, Sid, Chris)
Slunt
Snot
Social Distortion ('White Light' era)
S.O.D.
Soil
Souls At Zero
SR-71
Ralph Stanley
Stone Temple Pilots
Supagroup
Sweet F.A.
System Of A Down
Tad
Tesla
Testament (just about every member since 'The Legacy')
Texas Terri
Thin Lizzy ('97 line-up)
3 Colours Red
Aaron Tippin
Tool
Trixter
Tuff
Type O Negative
UFO (1995 reunion lineup)
Warrant (pretty much every member ever)
W.A.S.P. (see above)
Watershed
White Lion (Mike Tramp)
White Zombie
Whitesnake (David Coverdale, Doug Aldrich, Reb Beach, Marco Mendoza)
Winger
Wrathchild America
XYZ

I'm sure I have missed a few. I've also met a bunch of wrestlers and actors (lots of Star Wars people), but I don't feel like making those lists...

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
I was really privileged to know Roald Dahl. For those who have no recollection he was the author of the great little book written in the 60s under the title of "Charlie and Chocolate Factory". And I guess not everyone knows that during WWII Dahl was one of the most fearless british fighter pilots. He passed away about 10 years ago, but I still friends with one his daughter, Tessa. The whole family is incredibly talented - Roald's wife and Tessa's mother Patricia Neal is the Oscar winner (I got my chance to hold that Oscar and say "Thank You" Jim Carey-style a couple of times).
I guess almost everybody who lives in New York or LA one way or another bumps into some kind of celebrity now and then...

Dude Roald Dahl was awesome! Especially My Uncle Oswald and some of his short stories.
Anyway, I got a chance to meet most of the musicians they played here. From Anthrax it was Charlie, Scott, John, Paul Crook and Rob.