Who is a musician?

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
I'm still wondering why the heck they don't use head voice in classical singing, I know some guys that took classical lessons and they sing in head voice as well:confused: check this audio out if you don't know what's head voice

Chest 2 Head

I do know what head voice is (the clip is really cool though ;)) and you really dont use head voice in classical singing (only in emergency cases if you cant reach a note otherwise). If you listen to a classical singer and compare it to a metal singer you'll hear the difference. The technique is just different. It would be interesting to compare the range of a classical lyric tenor (highest male voice) and a metal singer. I'm pretty sure a metal singer hits the higher notes.

Originally posted by Tyrion
I do know what head voice is (the clip is really cool though ;)) and you really dont use head voice in classical singing (only in emergency cases if you cant reach a note otherwise). If you listen to a classical singer and compare it to a metal singer you'll hear the difference. The technique is just different. It would be interesting to compare the range of a classical lyric tenor (highest male voice) and a metal singer. I'm pretty sure a metal singer hits the higher notes.

Oh I see. It would be cool to learn some classical singing theory, but i'll stick to metal singing of course ;) I'll see if I can do some research on this subject, maybe I can learn something new :)

voice, guitars, everything else since i was a little kid

I got rid of the various bands so I could concentrate on my prog-metal solo album, although I did recently get sucked into doing a "hired gun" vocal thing on another prog metal recording project.

then again, vocals and lyrics are easy for me, so this other project won't take too much of my time.

You can check out samples from my new solo album at my site.

www.lesliespring.com

RE: Pseudonym ...I play in a band that is a sweet mix of Nile, Opeth, King Crimson, and the Mahavishnu Orchestra. .............Now, THAT is an interesting mix! I am trying to "audiolize" this in my brain, but I can't! Do you have any sound samples / CDs out??? :cool: (I think I would like this!!!)

I'm not really a musician, but I'm going to sing some backing vocals for my friends' new demo sometime soon.
They've been asking me to do that for quite some time now and I finally decided to do that...

Now I'm trying to practise a lot, so I won't disappoint them. :)

Figured his may be a good thread to introduce myself and say hi...Hi.:p
I play geetar, bass and keys. I've put out a couple of metal fusion disks and I'm in a progressive metal band which is currently not playing out. (at least not yet, we just got a bassist yeehaw, only took us a year and a half). I'm a big SyX fan and general all around progmetal freak.

I'm a drummer and play in a prog/metal band just like sym x,also in a cover band that plays 80's style and played in a fusion experimental band too.