Your opinion on best musician on each instrument.

Sloz

An Unsolved Riddle
Mar 6, 2013
So who are your favorite musician on each instrument?

For me it's:
Guitar: Chuck Shuldiner
Bass: Alex Webster
Drums: George Kollias
Vocals: Frank Mullen

Feel free to add any instrument if you want to give a certain musician some credit!
:kickass:

Mario Duplantier from Gojira is a fucking monster of a drummer. He's one of my favorites but in all seriousness, it's hard to pick a "best" or "favorite" when there are SO MANY talented musicians out there.

Guitar - John Brenner
Bass - Roger Patterson
Drums - Proscriptor McGovern or Simon O'Laoghaire
Vocals - Scott 'Wino' Weinrich

Guitar - John Brenner
Bass - Roger Patterson
Drums - Proscriptor McGovern or Simon O'Laoghaire
Vocals - Scott 'Wino' Weinrich

I don't agree (aside from Wino maybe), but I love that someone in here is using some different names than the usual ones we hear.

It's also tough to say favorites because it really depends on mood. Like I'm a drummer myself so those are the names I know the best, and some days I want a speed/power drummer (Adam Jarvis), some days something groovier (Dale Crover), or maybe just way out there (Jamie Saint-Merat). It's like trying to say what my favorite movie is, I have lots for different genres.

Also I don't think I could pick a favorite guitarist if you put a gun to my face. Oddly enough that's like the instrument I follow the least.

Personal favorites...

Guitar: Tommy Vetterli or Piggy
Bass: Doug Keyser
Drums: Mark Zonder or Rick Colaluca
Vocals: Jon Stewart (Slauter Xstroyes) or Jon Oliva

Oh shit, don't know why i thought this thread was for favorite death metal musicians.

Dave Mustaine is my favorite guitarist and vocalist. Favorite bassists would have to be Steve DiGiorgio, Alex Webster and JPT. And for drums i'd say Lombardo and Flo.

Guitar - Michael Romeo from Symphony X, very talented dude.
Bass - who knows? John Myung from Dream Theater maybe.
Vocals - David DiSanto from Vektor has a crazy awesome metal voice.
Drums - Lately i've enjoyed listening to the guy from Havok, Pete Webber. He doesn't have a huge drumset like Portnoy or something but he rocks the fuck out on it.

Guitars: Chuck Keller/Alex Jones
Bass: Joey DeMaio
Drums: Ignis Fatuus
Vocals: Maxim "Agyl" Andrianov

I don't know, random fucking list. I guess Ignis Fatuus is the only one that really stands out.

Oh what a brilliant choice for vocalist, and Chuck Keller was going to be my choice for guitarist as well

I was going to try and make a doom band based on my favorites from the genre, but I said fuck it and just picked some of my favorites. When I listen to these bands I pay attention their respective instruments more so than the other members. I fucking love those Portal drums.

Can never be happy with just one but if I had to:

Drummer: Brann Dailer
Bass: Steve Harris
Guitar:Ihsahn
Vox: Akerfeldt (he can both sing and growl so well).