Who is better...

And by the way, tho Akerfeldt is a fabulous musician, comparing him to Dan is like Comparing a piece of torn off garbage bag and duct tape to a fresh trojan condem. :D

Originally posted by Metal88

You'll notice on this thread, Dan getting credit with being versatile. My friend, you have not even hit the tip of the ice berg with these 3 songs. Some on here will tell you they are 3 of his best, I would say 3 of his worst. This just goes to show how diverse and incredible he is. If you want to get into Dan quickly, you have to get "Crimson" the rest of Edge of Sanity will take a tad longer to get into, but Crimson you will see right away the God-like talent Dan possesses. Then go get "At the end of the bridge" from his UNICORN project to see why he is so special with his versatility. Oh yeah, Moontower gives you the most different angles of him at once. Get any song off of it except "creating illusions" the only weak track.

Exactly! Crimson will blew you away! Another good Unicorn song is 'Hiding Again'.

Originally posted by Children of Flames

How can you leave out Black Tears, Velvet Dreams, Blood Colored and Elegy by Edge of Sanity?

Dan rules!

I was just suggesting some songs off the of my head, this was by no means a complete list. And while Black Tears is a different type of track for Dan, I really don't think it's among his best.

is pan thy monium a swano side project? i've been checking them out lately and it is some of the coolest shit i've heard.

Originally posted by bleedingskeptic
is pan thy monium a swano side project? i've been checking them out lately and it is some of the coolest shit i've heard.
Yes.

I have a definite preference for Dan Swanö myself. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have gotten into Opeth and Mikael Åkerfeldt anyway.

Originally posted by Demonspell
My dream is Akerfeldt and Swano collaborating on a prog project...none of this old school death crap, waste of talent! :)

Sorskogen! Let's hear some more goddamn Sorskogen! I know Dan recorded that and played all of the instruments that Mikael didn't... aside from that, though, I agree. I'd like to see the Swedish uber-metalband that is Bloodbath realign a little and do a prog superproject.

Throw Dan, Mikael, and maybe some other guys like Vintersorg, or perhaps even HevyDevy Townsend into a studio, lock them in there, and tell them that they can't come out until they've recorded the coolest prog metal album ever. That's what I'd like to see.

As for who is better, I think they'd probably say each other, but I give Dan a little more credit when he says Mikael is better. Dan has openly said that Opeth is what he wishes his metal could sound like.