Who is the best VOCALIST???

NineFeetUnderground said:
i said my list was flawless, but not "complete"

Id like to know your definition of flawless

For me, flawless means "without any flaw" (stunning huh?) and leaving out some singers on a best list that are actually better then some that are featured on that best list, makes for, in my eyes, a flawed list. But that's just me.

A top 10 best isn't any less complete then a top 20. It's just that the latter also features the next ten best, that shouldnt have been in the top 10, cause that was already full (complete) of the 10 best.

Scourge of Malice said:
I think he meant the vocalists he actually mentioned are not flawed in their ability

There is no such thing as a perfect, flawless singer, simply because humans are imperfect beings

Imo, for metal:

1. Mikael Akerfeldt
2. Ihsahn
3. Devin Townsend
4. Renske
5. Keenan
6. Dan Swano

Bierbommetje said:
Id like to know your definition of flawless

For me, flawless means "without any flaw" (stunning huh?) and leaving out some singers on a best list that are actually better then some that are featured on that best list, makes for, in my eyes, a flawed list. But that's just me.

A top 10 best isn't any less complete then a top 20. It's just that the latter also features the next ten best, that shouldnt have been in the top 10, cause that was already full (complete) of the 10 best.

so you wanted a list of every solid vocalist? not a list of flawless singers? and couldnt figure out the intention of that beforehand? good deduction skills jerkoff.

a flawless list is a list that does not include any item that does not deserve to be on such a list (i.e. a flaw). this does not imply every item that deserves to be on such a list is included. that is required by completeness. a list is complete only if every item that belongs to such a list is included. a list can be complete even if it has flaws - i.e. if it includes items besides every item that deserves to be on it (eg. some shitty singers in addition to all the good ones). a flawless and complete list cannot be improved on.

Jan Kenneth Transit (In The Woods)
Messiah Marcolin (Candlemass)
Alan 'Nemtheanga' Averill (Primordial)
Big Boss (Root)
Matthias Blad (Falconer)
Warrel Dane (Nevermore)
Bruce Dickinson
Ronnie James Dio
King Diamond
Kobi Farhi (Orphaned Land)
Mike
Jonas Renkse

so you wanted a list of every solid vocalist? not a list of flawless singers? and couldnt figure out the intention of that beforehand? good deduction skills jerkoff.

I don't want either of those lists, seeing as one is part off-topic and one is impossible. How about answering my question, I'm curious. Try and answer it within the topic at hand.

Bierbommetje said:
I don't want either of those lists, seeing as one is part off-topic and one is impossible. How about answering my question, I'm curious. Try and answer it within the topic at hand.

are you serious? you think we need to start discussing the word "flawless"? go listen to rammstein...stop wasting everyones time.

are you serious? you think we need to start discussing the word "flawless"? go listen to rammstein...stop wasting everyones time.

No need to discuss it, a word usually has a given definition for someone, little need for debate there. But never mind it, I was just curious anyway.

Probs Mike Patton for me.
icon14.gif