Who is the best VOCALIST???

metal_wrath said:
^ The guy from Gorefest, wtf n00b, kill yourself, that guy has to be the worst vocalist in extreme music!

WTF King Diamond does not technically have the most extreme range at all, and Chris Barnes? please stfu
worst.
list
ever.

Its people like you that make the opeth forum the biggest piece of shit on UM. "wtf n00b" :erk:

Benighted1 said:
So people keep telling him but he doesnt do the polite thing and fuck off.
You have nothing intellegent to say and you keep spamming. Not to mention your previous dumbass posts in which you argue that Robert Plant is annoying and not a good singer. Douche

metal_wrath said:
You have nothing intellegent to say and you keep spamming. Not to mention your previous dumbass posts in which you argue that Jimmy Page is annoying and not a good singer. Douche

Metal_Bag, of course he would say that...because Jimmy Page is NOT Zeppelin's singer, the singer is Robert Plant, you drooling fucktard!! this time you can't complain, cause you obviously annihilated yourself once again.

i aint play this said:
Metal_Bag, of course he would say that...because Jimmy Page is NOT Zeppelin's singer, the singer is Robert Plant, you drooling fucktard!! this time you can't complain, cause you obviously annihilated yourself once again.

arrr, ay see some ownage darr maties!

i aint play this said:
Of course I meant Robert Plant!!!! Dis-pwned

NFU's list, predictably, is very, VERY good, but no Aretha Franklin? No Dusty Springfield? I think those are legendary vocalists. But to give him his due, there are NO duds on his list (although personally I don't like Ronnie James Dio).

On a personal note, I am also very fond of Tori Amos. I used to find her actual voice slightly grating (I listened to her for the songs), but I've come to be extremely fond of it. Very emotive.

Liquid Diamonds said:
NFU's list, predictably, is very, VERY good, but no Aretha Franklin? No Dusty Springfield? I think those are legendary vocalists. But to give him his due, there are NO duds on his list (although personally I don't like Ronnie James Dio).

On a personal note, I am also very fond of Tori Amos. I used to find her actual voice slightly grating (I listened to her for the songs), but I've come to be extremely fond of it. Very emotive.

of course aretha franklin and ESPECIALLY dusty springfield belong on there in my eyes. i said my list was flawless, but not "complete" if you understand that difference. i cant possibly include everyone, the list would take forever. im impressed you mentioned dusty though, i didnt reckon that anyone here even knew who she was.

Debbie Boone--"You light up my Life" man, I'd like to jump her. I agree with NFU, some on this board really have to get some taste. look at the list and READ and UNDERSTAND. Outside of some personal preferences, you really can't find fault with his list. Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holliday, it doesn't get any better than that for female vocalists.

NineFeetUnderground said:
of course aretha franklin and ESPECIALLY dusty springfield belong on there in my eyes. i said my list was flawless, but not "complete" if you understand that difference. i cant possibly include everyone, the list would take forever. im impressed you mentioned dusty though, i didnt reckon that anyone here even knew who she was.

'Dusty In Memphis' = Stone cold classic IMHO. :worship:

But, much as I would LOVE to take the credit you gave me for being knowledgeable (it's not often NFU will tell you he's impressed), I feel I ought to point out that, here in the UK, it's hard for any self-respecting music lover to not have been made aware of Dusty. I figure it might be different in the US, but she's a well loved figure of popular culture over here. That said... I imagine that most of my friends haven't heard of her either, which is worrying :erk:

And fair enough, I appreciate that your list can't include everyone, I was just surprised at no Aretha I guess, but I get it now. I definately appreciate the difference between flawless and complete.

I'd also like to mention Ray Charles. Whatever you may think of the man, his voice was UNIQUE, and his influence on modern music is often under-appreciated. If he's been mentioned already then cool, but I haven't seen it. If he hasn't... that's odd :erk: