jim mcguinn
brian wilson
morissey
geddy lee
tim buckley
stevie knicks
richard sinclair
harry nilsson

thats in no real particular order, but about as flawless a list as youre going to find on here. :wink:

Any list without Cornell is automaticely flawed

George Jones would be my second pick

illidurit said:
actually a list with cornell means you like crappy bands like soundgarden

What the hell does that have to do with anything? This is about vocalists, not bands or taste in bands. Cornell's an awesome vocalist. It's ok if you don't like his style, but to deny his talent is beyond retarded.

Bierbommetje said:
What the hell does that have to do with anything? This is about vocalists, not bands or taste in bands. Cornell's an awesome vocalist. It's ok if you don't like his style, but to deny his talent is beyond retarded.

You said Daron Malakian was a genius and a very underrated guitarist. Why should anybody want to share your view of what talent is?

My personal favorites are

Layne Staley - My ATF
King Diamond - Most Extreme Range
Chris Cornell - Yep always one of my fav's
Robert Plant - Great Classic Rock Voice
Roger Waters - So Smooth
Chris Barnes - Best Death Vox
Alicia Keys - Favorite R&B Female
Sarah Brightman - Best New Age

Many other fav's past & present not mentioned...

daz436 said:
You said Daron Malakian was a genius and a very underrated guitarist. Why should anybody want to share your view of what talent is?

I'm not asking anybody to adhere to my point of view, I'm just giving my opinion, so what's your point?

NineFeetUnderground said:
ITS ROBERT PLANT!! who the hell are YOU?! you think just because your brain is shaped incorrectly that i'm all of a sudden going to even entertain the idea that Plant isnt one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time just because you say so? its not about being on a high horse, its about you getting your ears checked...good god the insanity on this forum sometimes.

It is obviously a foreign concept for you to grasp that some people may not like a certain voice/vocal style even though the singer is OBVIOUSLY talented and is widely regarded.....

For example you don't like Symphony X do you? We all know that, yet if you try telling me that Russell Allen is a shit singer then you are obviously retarded...

See my point??

i aint play this said:
Yup, you know, imo his best vocal delivery is on ''Youthanasia'', and i quite like that album, even though die-hard 'deth fans seems to hate it, of course it is not as great as ''Rust in Peace'' but it is good for what it is...and the weird fact is that his voice only started improving on the weakest albums.

Yea I would have to say his vocals peaked on youthanasia too. Great album!!!
Rust in peice is a master peice as far as thrash metal goes I reckon.. Great song after great song:kickass: I especially love freidmans solo on five magics!!!!

^ The guy from Gorefest, wtf n00b, kill yourself, that guy has to be the worst vocalist in extreme music!

opeth8 said:
My personal favorites are

Layne Staley - My ATF
King Diamond - Most Extreme Range
Chris Cornell - Yep always one of my fav's
Robert Plant - Great Classic Rock Voice
Roger Waters - So Smooth
Chris Barnes - Best Death Vox
Alicia Keys - Favorite R&B Female
Sarah Brightman - Best New Age

Many other fav's past & present not mentioned...
WTF King Diamond does not technically have the most extreme range at all, and Chris Barnes? please stfu
worst.
list
ever.

Benighted1 said:
It is obviously a foreign concept for you to grasp that some people may not like a certain voice/vocal style even though the singer is OBVIOUSLY talented and is widely regarded.....

For example you don't like Symphony X do you? We all know that, yet if you try telling me that Russell Allen is a shit singer then you are obviously retarded...

See my point??

but i wouldnt say russell allen is a "shit singer". but you WOULD given your argument. thus why youre "retarded" also according to your example.

please stop owning yourself, this is like watching a school bus on fire with children trapped inside.

NineFeetUnderground said:
but i wouldnt say russell allen is a "shit singer". but you WOULD given your argument. thus why youre "retarded" also according to your example.

please stop owning yourself, this is like watching a school bus on fire with children trapped inside.

DUDE, your missing the point, Im saying I dont like a lot of Plants singing hence why I had examples of what I do and dont like about him in my first post. I was illustrating that he maybe a technically brilliant singer or whatever but it doesnt mean I have to like him. And that was what I was showing you with my example of Russell Allen... because you dont like him but cant deny he is a good singer.....

YOU, as normal were too quick to attack me just because I said something negative about Robert Plant. (even though I did mention what I do like about him too)
Have I spelt that out simple enough for you this time??? GOOD

So what are your favourite "I can vomit in my mike better than you" :

Both Cannibal frontman are great at this !

Glenn Benton (Dead by Fucking dawn !!)

The scream intro by Seth (Anal Cunt) something on Pantera's The Great Southern Trendkill song is fuckin legendary ! Great to discourage someone to listen to Metal !:heh:

The Nile Triple attack is excellent !

David Vinvent ( The Invaders):headbang:

Max Cavalera in the gold old days !

What's your 'I am on the verge of vomiting" favourite vocalist ?

I say fuck Melody, its not metal ... at all !

Stay Be Bop and respect to Sir Duke !!!