• Man United fans

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Liverpool fans

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • women

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
best said:
Yeah he doesnt look like a decent guy and i dont think he is really that talented. He is given so much importance since there isnt really a talented young striker in England.
u been checking the footy lately?

i been checking premier leauge for years, compare him to owen, shearer, cantona, andy cole and other leading forwards in the leauge over the years and i think it is pretty obvious he is not in that level yet. He may be in the future but not now i think.

England has some decent forwards atm, like Rooney, Jeffers, Crouch or Smith. I do agree they're not yet as good as a Shearer, Fowler, or an Owen. But they're still young to get to the point where Mr. Erickson will leave Heskey at home home for one of em. Well, alright Rooney is already playing for England, and he will get better, but maybe he really has to leave Everton therefore.

english players still lack the talent of brazilians, argentinians, italians and spanish players i reckon. but they have will and discipline. something like the germans.

best said:
i been checking premier leauge for years, compare him to owen, shearer, cantona, andy cole and other leading forwards in the leauge over the years and i think it is pretty obvious he is not in that level yet. He may be in the future but not now i think.

do you mean as a footballer or as an out and out striker/goal scorer? cos as a footballer he is miles ahead of Andy Cole

sol83 said:
english players still lack the talent of brazilians, argentinians, italians and spanish players i reckon. but they have will and discipline. something like the germans.

I disagree. How many fancy foreigners have flopped in the Premier League? The leagues are different. The Premiership is quick paced and really physical. Veron was immense in Italy cos he had more time on the ball but hes not done so well in England. Is he more more talented than Steven Gerrard or Paul Scholes?

comparision with cole may be a little harsh i accept that. English players are talented and i believe premier leauge is much more fun to watch than Italian Leauge.

I think Rooney is far better than Cole and I definately think he will be giving Michael Owen a run for his money. Brazilians are excellent footballers well ...they make good nike adverts and stuff with all that fancy footwork. I suppose its just a different game over there than it is here.

bleed_black_orchid said:
Brazilians are excellent footballers well ...they make good nike adverts and stuff with all that fancy footwork. I suppose its just a different game over there than it is here.
yeh, but the mentality eh? :erk: the only hardworking Brizilian player i know is Ronaldinho. but then again, if u have teeth like that... :tickled:

give me Zinedine Kilbane anyday
KILBANE_Kevin_20020616_GH_L.jpg

Strangelight said:
I disagree. How many fancy foreigners have flopped in the Premier League? The leagues are different. The Premiership is quick paced and really physical. Veron was immense in Italy cos he had more time on the ball but hes not done so well in England. Is he more more talented than Steven Gerrard or Paul Scholes?
i agree with that 100%. but when was the last time england did a euro or world cup final? thats what i'm saying. if you look at it in a national team level at least.

the premiership is very physical indeed. thats why its nice to watch even if its not so fancy.

toolsofthetrade said:
yeh, but the mentality eh? :erk: the only hardworking Brizilian player i know is Ronaldinho. but then again, if u have teeth like that... :tickled:
roberto carlos is the best thing brazil brought out the past ten years i reckon. i totaly dislike him but hes more than talented.

sol83 said:
i agree with that 100%. but when was the last time england did a euro or world cup final? thats what i'm saying. if you look at it in a national team level at least.

the premiership is very physical indeed. thats why its nice to watch even if its not so fancy.

England dont have a bad record really, considering its unfancy 'meat and potatoes' footy. Unbeaten in 1982 world cup, knocked out by Argentina (winners) in 1986, out on pens against Germany (winners) 1990, out against Argentina on pens 1998, out against Brazil (winners) in the last one.

Strangelight said:
England dont have a bad record really, considering its unfancy 'meat and potatoes' footy. Unbeaten in 1982 world cup, knocked out by Argentina (winners) in 1986, out on pens against Germany (winners) 1990, out against Argentina on pens 1998, out against Brazil (winners) in the last one.
why do England always lose on penalties?