Who likes ensiferum

I don't. Can't wait for Time to come out and disappoint you too :lol:

Good luck with this :lol:

Even if it's amazing, you will still say it's disappointing, so you'll win.

I'm not sure what you mean 'up to par'? The delays have nothing to do with composing, he finished that like 2 years ago.. i think it will surpass the s/t.

^^Why would I say I don't like something when I actually do? To prove myself right on an internet forum? I don't think so.... if it comes out and is awesome I will be the first to praise it, if not then whatever. I don't think it's going to be a bad album, but disappointing for all you super Wintersun fans, well that is very possible.

Well, someone has heard some of it:

"If you thought 'Wintersun' was fast and complex, 'Time' will really twist your noodle. Countless layers of sound, vocals and orchestrations, epic and lengthy songs made palatable by changes in pace, style and atmosphere make up the foundation of this nine track opus"

"He recorded what sounds like a 'Jari-choir', with his own vocals coming in like waves, layer over layer. The pace of songs like 'Storm', the complexity of its vocal patterns, the instruments coated over one another like a Napoleon Pastry, do not form an inaudible maelstrom, but instead actually create a 'Storm' of co-ordinated sound. Jari describes this song as 'a mix in between 'Battle Against Time' and 'Beautiful Death'.'"

"Other tracks, like 'Land Of Snow And Sorrow' are entirely inspired by Finnish folklore, and offer slower riffs and clean vocals. Influenced by the Finnish epic 'Kalevala', Jari describes the piece as having 'a Metallica feel'. The guitars are low tuned and harsh vocals only appear in the bridge."

/thread hijack

I'm pretty certain with the way everyone idolized this guy, and after the success of his first CD, your expectations are going to be waaaay too high. I feel bad for the guy, he has a lot of pressure on him, which is why I think Time keeps getting delayed, he might be afraid it's not up to par yet.

He is a perfectionist by nature, so he delays where he sees fit

also he has had throat infections, booking errors, computer crashes

a long list of bad luck, and i dont blame him for it, and i honestly stopped "expecting" anything HUGE, but i feel confident enough in him to say i will like the album, and probably play it a LOT.

"If you thought 'Wintersun' was fast and complex, 'Time' will really twist your noodle. Countless layers of sound, vocals and orchestrations, epic and lengthy songs made palatable by changes in pace, style and atmosphere make up the foundation of this nine track opus"

"He recorded what sounds like a 'Jari-choir', with his own vocals coming in like waves, layer over layer. The pace of songs like 'Storm', the complexity of its vocal patterns, the instruments coated over one another like a Napoleon Pastry, do not form an inaudible maelstrom, but instead actually create a 'Storm' of co-ordinated sound. Jari describes this song as 'a mix in between 'Battle Against Time' and 'Beautiful Death'.'"

"Other tracks, like 'Land Of Snow And Sorrow' are entirely inspired by Finnish folklore, and offer slower riffs and clean vocals. Influenced by the Finnish epic 'Kalevala', Jari describes the piece as having 'a Metallica feel'. The guitars are low tuned and harsh vocals only appear in the bridge."

/thread hijack

And this is why your expectations are going to be so high :lol:

And this is why your expectations are going to be so high :lol:

Why shouldn't they be? I'm yet to hear him write/sing a bad song. I just hope we get to hear it too... in the not-too-distant future instead of pondering what it may sound like.

Well, he's not even that good a singer anyways imo so a Jari-Choir doesn't really get my hopes up :loco:

Any way this is an Ensiferum thread so SHUTTY!

/thread hijack

.........FAIL

:lol:

^You really are a cunt...but we all know that don't we?:lol:

My god you really are retarded.

No. The retardation of that "article" is just beyond amazing. Ever thought back what people said about St: Anger,Blooddrunk and Are you dead yet? That's the same bullshit with a bit "finer" words. Honestly just someone writing like that makes me want to throw up for 2 reasons.

1.He is putting more pressure on Jari and getting peoples hopes up
2.He makes the possibility of a HUGE dissapointment even LARGER.

Seriously this album is so overhyped that i wouldn't be suprised if Wintersun fans forced themselves to like it just to not seem fucking retarded. I myself think their first(and only obviously)album is good. I can't say it's great because i honestly don't see it as a epic miracle or something. It's just a very succesful first album.

I dont give a shit about that article, I was commenting on your "EHUHUHUHEHUHEUHUHUH FAIL LOL LOL FAIL LOL HUHUHHEUHEHUHUEHUHE :lol: HUHEUHE BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H" post.

^You really are a cunt...but we all know that don't we?:lol:

No. The retardation of that "article" is just beyond amazing. Ever thought back what people said about St: Anger,Blooddrunk and Are you dead yet? That's the same bullshit with a bit "finer" words. Honestly just someone writing like that makes me want to throw up for 2 reasons.

1.He is putting more pressure on Jari and getting peoples hopes up
2.He makes the possibility of a HUGE dissapointment even LARGER.

Seriously this album is so overhyped that i wouldn't be suprised if Wintersun fans forced themselves to like it just to not seem fucking retarded. I myself think their first(and only obviously)album is good. I can't say it's great because i honestly don't see it as a epic miracle or something. It's just a very succesful first album.

haha, Metallica is a big influence for Jari.. and his work would sound a lot different if not for it. Whislt in Ensiferum they covered 'Battery' and 2 other metallica songs live. You think having 'a metallica feel' instantly means it will be shit??? :loco:

haha, Metallica is a big influence for Jari.. and his work would sound a lot different if not for it. Whislt in Ensiferum they covered 'Battery' and 2 other metallica songs live. You think having 'a metallica feel' instantly means it will be shit??? :loco:

No i dont. Do you think with a review of a random no-name-guy the album will kick ass?:lol:

I just can't see the influence in Wintersun and that's what got me to "OMFG WTFLULZ!"

Best post you've ever made. :kickass: