Who likes Tim Owens' vocal as a true IE fan?

Xalon Niles

Metal/Super Sentai Fan
Dec 22, 2001
Parts unknown.
hometown.aol.com
I love his vocal work on the new cd alot because he brought more emotion to the music and can't wait to see Iced Earth live. I hope we see a 2nd Live in Athens cd with Owens' vocal on it.

The ones who are bitching about the new singers for Iced Earth and Stratovarius are hurting it for the real band fans.

Owens surprised me with GB he did well although I don´t like everything 100% I thought he would be really high pitched all the time after hearing the Reckoning first( I like that song though), I´m glad the album wasn´t nearly all like that
the high vocals are just sufficient and sometimes i really dig them.the high vocals in Red baron (...the ace of aaaaaces) kick ass !
Owens did a fine job in Hold at all costs( mellow part especially) and the end of High water mark,

have you heard the new singer for Schtratovarius? nope but she looks hot and is a double finnish champion in gymnastics!

I'm very pleased with his deliverance on The Glorious Burden. Judas Priest did not do him justice, but Iced Earth does. Of course I'll always love Matt more, but I'm accepting the fact that he's gone and I'm moving on. Three cheers for Tim!

I've been a huge Rob Halford fan since 1980.
Although I always missed him after he left the almighty Priest, I really liked Tim's singing on Jugulator and Demolition.
I've also been a huge Iced Earth fan since album number 1 (although the singer on the debut album sometimes sounded ridiculous). John Greely was much better on Stormrider, and finally Matt was perfect for Iced Earth. When Matt left Iced Earth I really thought this could break the band's neck.
But when I read that Rob Halford was about to rejoin Judas Priest and Tim Owens to join Iced Earth I was in heaven :Spin:
When I heard Tim's high Halford-esque screams on the Reckoning EP I just couldn't believe my ears. FANTASTIC!
As I said in another thread, the full Glorious Burden album is not the total killer album that I expected, but it IS a great Iced Earth record and Tim's vocals are just awesome once again (although I think that Matt's voice would have fit the melancholic ballads better).
I can't wait to see them live (only 9 more weeks)!

How can ya say the people that bitch arent real fans? Do you know how many people were pissed cuz Blaze replaced Bruce in Maiden? Total opposites. I DO bitch alot about Owens. He IS a decent singer. But I like Matt better. I think Matt was THE singer for IE and it just sounds kinda odd without him ya know? I'm sure I'll like Owens alot more by the time the next album is out.

Barlow was overrated. Owens' delivery is much more realistic and fits the band's sound better. And his high screams don't make me want to jab my eardrums out.

you wont hear from me that Owens is a bad singer, but Matts voice has more depth, he WAS IE and replacing someone like him -I can imagine- must have been very difficult.

IIF, don't worry about being "tr00". Just say what you feel. I like Owens, but I'll always love Matt Barlow, and I think he is irreplacable for Iced Earth. But Owens fits in nicely for me.

Owens could pull off Dracula easy. And Burning Oasis. And definitely Iced Earth. *snicker-snicker*