Who likes Tim Owens' vocal as a true IE fan?

As a looooong time Judas Priest fan and also a fan of IE since the debut, I'm all about Tim singing for them. I know the band will slay live and I'm anxious to hear Tim singing the older stuff. Hopefully all you naysayers will attend the shows to see for yourselves!

I think Ripper does a great job on GB. From what I've heard of Ripper over the years, I think his voice would be perfect for early IE material. I'm reserving judgement on the material from the Barlow era until I hear it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does a fine job.

Pyrus said:
Seriously. Owens could easily pull off the Greely & Adams stuff. But because JON IS A FUCKING GENIUS, they're playing mostly songs from Dark Saga and Something Wicked. SMOOTH MOVE, ASSHOLE.
:lol:

So let me get this right... if I don't prefer Owens to Barlow I'm not a "true" fan? What's the fucking logic there? I'm a huge Iced Earth fan.. they are probably my favourite band of all time, yet I am only a "true" fan if I prefer Owens?

Owens is quite good, personally I just prefer Barlow. Of course I'm going to the Toronto show.. it'll be interesting who is better live (Barlow or Owens).

So let me get this right... if I don't prefer Owens to Barlow I'm not a "true" fan? What's the fucking logic there? I'm a huge Iced Earth fan.. they are probably my favourite band of all time, yet I am only a "true" fan if I prefer Owens?
That's about right, bub.

Barlow will always be iced earth to me. Fuck jon, there are millions of other guitarists that can play like him without the attitude, but not many singers have the soul and passion of Barlow. And owens is going to sound like a whiny little bitch on songs like Melancholy and I Died for you.

Owens is a great singer. I like his vocals on the Iced Earth album and it would be nice if they covered a Judas Priest song with him singing it.

Yeah Dracula is definitely a song that Ripper could pull off, except maybe the beginning. Same with Wolf, if they do play that live, but songs like Melancholy just aren't gonna same to me with the high range vocals... and don't start bitching at me, I just dont like high pitched singers as much.

No, you have to be able to take a joke.

anonymousnick-aprilfoolsclown.jpg

anonymousnick2001 said:
No, you have to be able to take a joke.

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/anonymousnick-aprilfoolsclown.jpg[/img]

This discussion didn't start on April 1st and it hardly seemed like you were joking.

I'm sorry.

Everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes. I dislike Barlow. Boohoo.

You prefer Barlow to Owens. Boohoo.

If those are criteria for determining whether we are fans or not, well...fuck that!