Who sings on Subterranean

anonymousnick2001 said:
Is it just me, or does Mikael Stanne sound a little weird on Lunar Strain?
I posted this in the DT forumn a while back, but has anybody else noticed how Anders and Mikael have slowly traded their vocal styles over the years?

Look at Skydancer and Lunar Strain. Anders' vocals on Skydancer were pretty standard death metal, kinda low, etc. While stanne's voice on Lunar Strain was pretty shreiky, almost at black metal range.

The Gallery and the Jester Race. anders was still pretty low, while Mikale was still pretty high.

Mind's I and Whoracle. They both seem to reach kind of a middle ground with their vocals. Anders wasa little bit higher than before, while Mikael got just a bit lower.

Projector and Colony. Anders starts getting a lot higher, while Mikael, when he does growl, gets pretty low.

Haven and Clayman. Anders: Really high. Mikael. Low as fuck.

Damage Done and Reroute to Remain. Anders:Sounds like a dying cat(his words, not mine.) Mikael, as my firend put it, actually sounds like a corpse, his growls are so fuckin low.

Sorry if that confused the fuck out of everyone, but I think you can catch my drift.

Mikael Stanne(now) is ten times the vocalist Anders has been since TJR.

Especially in da clean vocal department.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Mikael Stanne(now) is ten times the vocalist Anders has been since TJR.

Especially in da clean vocal department.

You almost make it sound like Anders Fridén sounded good before TJR :Spin:

And for clean vocals.. who could forget Anders classic singing on Ceremonial oath's cover of Hallowed be thy name. That is so beatiful.. it brings me to tears every time. No wait... Beauty is not the word I'm looking for.. :ill: :ill: :ill: